PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate and PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate

June 26, 2018

Tasted fantastic but a little on the expensive side

The PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter tasted great, it was a great option for a snack on the go to toss in my bag on a busy day. This was my favorite out of the 3 flavors I tried, mainly because I love peanut butter!

My only complaint was that when I went to go buy more I found them a little pricey compared to other options at my local store so I opted to wait until they (hopefully!) go on sale.

As far as nutrition goes, it was definitely better then some alternatives as far as the protein goes but the calorie count is pretty high, especially given the amount of sugar, so I wouldn't exactly call this a health food. If you are eating this as a meal replacement option then it isn't bad though.

June 26, 2018

Peanutbutter and dark chocolate protein bar.

The three samplea the u received thus in was the one that I did not enjoy as much, flavor it was to peanutbuttery taste for my liking. But with the free samples it was nice to try all before buying. Other than that The nutrition side of the all the plant base protein bars are fantastic. Thankyou chick advisor for the chance to try this amazing product.

June 26, 2018

I received these for free from ChickAdvisor and of the 3 flavors I received these were my least favorite. But that being said they were still really good! Just not a huge fan of peanuts. Very much like a granola bar and it kept me full for a couple hours. These are a great option when you need to grab something on the go. Doesn't have that weird protein bar texture yet still has 10 grams of protein!

Ohhhhhh so good

This one was my favourite out of them all I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination definitely one of my favourites... I am loving these protein bars and think I will be switching to them

2.7/5

Good but not Great

This flavor would probably be my least favorite out of the 3 bars I was sent to try by this brand. That being said, it still tasted good but it lacked the oomph that the other two bars gave with their distinct combination of dark chocolate and salty nuts.
    The nutriiton in this bar, like the other two, is not ideal since it is fairly high in sugar, but I have seen a lot worse nutritional content in other brands of bars claiming to be healthy.

Overall, I think this bar is delicious and would be great in moderation due to its high amount of protein which does not taste as bad as most would expect from a protein bar.

Soooooo good!

This bar was pretty tasty! Not as sweet as the sea salt one and tasted very natural. I loved that you could see the ingredients that you were eating. Though it was a little harder to chew than other similar bars, this one was very good. The package screamed natural ingredients. And this was free- would definitely buy this.

Delicious!

I was happy to receive a free sample of this PowerBar Plant Protein Bar as I often have protein bars for breakfast on my way to work. I usually love anything with peanut butter so this flavour sounded especially delicious but you never know as some other protein bars I've tried have been very bland. I was delightfully surprised at just how delicious the dark chocolate peanut butter flavoured bar was. A perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate without being too sweet.

Another aspect of the PowerBar Plant Protein Bar that I really liked is that I was comfortably full right up to lunchtime. With other protein bars I have tried, I found myself snacking before lunch which was adding unnecessary calories to my day. This, thankfully, was not the case at all with PowerBar Plant Protein Bar.

peanutty goodness

I thought this one was the most average of the 3 but still tasted great.
    They are a little solid for my kids to chew, I like that it doesn't explode all over the car like a box of cheerios.

Great on the go snack

I buy protein bars for a quick fuel between meals while I am stuck at work. I look for low sugar and high protein, and that isn't always easy to find. The Powerbar Plant Protein has both. Taste is pretty good, bit of that protein whey crisp flavour but overall I enjoyed the bar. Will definitely be picking this up next time I need a pick me up.

2.3/5

These are too chewy

I couldn't bite into any of these bars, since they are so tough and hard to chew. I got 3 other family members to try it for me instead. They all thought the same thing. Very hard and tough for everyone. They also thought that all the flavours were too sweet.This peanut butter one was the sweetest out of all of them according to my brother. Too much sugar in these. On the upside, I like that they were vegan and had pea protein in them.