PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate and PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate

3.2/5

Kids loved it!!

I shared my box of goodies to the kids and they really liked this one! Maybe it's the familiar taste of peanut butter, but they gobbled it down. Didn't even care that it was vegan! hahaha It's convenient to throw in lunch bags and my gym bag too! Though I'm not really a fan of the ingredients, as I am eating low carbs and these bars really put me over my daily carb limits!

June 27, 2018

Peanut butter bars never tasted so good

I always had issues with peanut butter flavors in granola bars or cookies, because they always had a powdery taste BUT this Powerbar flavor is totally delicious. I actually liked all three flavors but this one is made me love peanut butter again. It has 11gm of protein and 10g of sugar!! I wish the sugar content was in single digits but it tastes yummy and I love the combination of dark chocolate and peanut butter.

June 27, 2018

Great fuel for those intense workouts!

These power bars are pretty tasty - the combination of peanut butter and dark chocolate is exactly what you'd expect (and great for all those peanut butter fans out there!).

They make a great mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack - they're extremely filling, and definitely better than reaching for a muffin or a chocolate bar. In terms of health bars, there is a pretty lengthy list of ingredients compared to some, and there is quite a bit of sugar in these. They aren't the most simple/natural bar on the market, but they're tasty, relatively healthy, and they'll provide you with the fuel you need to tackle a workout, or just to make it through an agonizingly long workday!

Out of all the flavors I tried, this was my least favorite. I would absolutely keep a stash of these in my gym bag or in my desk at work. They're tasty, filling, and will give you the boost you need to make it to your next meal.

Note: I received this product for free to review, however, this does not affect my opinion in any way and everything stated above is a true reflection of my thoughts and feelings.
    #gotitfree #chickadvisor

yummy

I received this and the other 2 flavours for free to try out. I like that they are made without any artificial sweeteners and are vegan and gluten free. I do think there is maybe a bit too much added sugar for my taste.

This is easily my favourite of the 3 I was given to try out. The peanut butter and chocolate taste is always a favourite! Like the other bars this one still leaves a pretty gross aftertaste that I am attributing to the pea protein. I think these are great for if you are on the go and needed a quick snack or meal replacement. My boyfriend really enjoys these so we most likely would purchase them again.

I received this free from the Product Review Club. All opinions are my own.

June 27, 2018

Who can hate chocolate and peanut butter!

This was my favourite of the bunch - I love both dark chocolate and peanut butter and this was great! The chocolate and peanut butter were perfectly balanced and did not make the bar too sweet. The texture was a combination of chewy and crunchy from the grains used. Most importantly it was healthy - I can't believe it's plant protein! I would certainly opt to buy this bar as a healthy snack alternative.

Note: I did receive this product for free to review, this does not affect my opinion in any way and everything stated above is a true reflection of how I feel.
    #gotitfree #chickadvisor

Delicious

I was selected to try the POWERBAR PLANT PROTEIN DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER for free from ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, and I was surprisingly impressed. Peanut butter is my least favourite addition to sweets and snacks and is usually the last flavour I will purchase anything in. This bar, however, was delicious!

I really enjoyed the rice protein crisps as I like a little bit of crunch to the foods I eat. Normal protein bars are chalky tasting and I love that this bar leaves zero room for that! The rice crisps have peanuts and peanut butter mixed in and is then coated on the bottom and drizzled on the top with a delicious dark chocolate coating. This plant based protein bar contains ZERO artificial sweeteners and has a whopping 11g of protein. It is also vegan and approved for those with gluten or soy intolerance's!

My only complaint with the bar is that it follows much the same recipe as every other protein bar... glorified chocolate bar status. The ingredients list is long and filled with items that wouldn't fly well with a health nut or someone watching their sugar intake. There is almost as much sugar as there is protein. I also don't like the addition of the pumpkin seeds on top. They don't really go with the taste of the bar and I think they would taste a tiny bit better without them. Overall, these bars can be purchased in a 14 count box for $16.99 at Costco which makes them about $1.20 per bar - that is awesome! They are filling and are great for a midday snack! I would go against my normal inhibitions and would purchase this delicious peanut butter bar in stores. I would also recommend this to my family and friends!

Sticking to my PB&J;

I love peanut butter but I think I have come to the realization that I prefer my peanut butter to be out of my granola bars. Personal preference and nothing wrong with the quality and/or taste - just .... like it better in other products. Overall, the taste was good - it was not an overwhelming hit of peanut butter taste all over in your mouth - which is nice. Moderation is great.

I received this product as part of the Product Review Club.

Yummy treat

I shared this with my son, and we both agreed that it was filling and delicious. It was in my purse when our trip home was delayed, and it staged off hunger for hours even just a half bar.

My husband enjoyed the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bar

Out of the 3 bars this was our least favorite but only because we aren't big on peanut butter. The bar did however give you the feeling a fullness and gave you that added energy that we all need.

Delicious

Who doesn't love the taste of peanut butter and chocolate?? This protein bar was amazingly good. I love the crunchy ingredients. The sweet and salty is awesome.