PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate and PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate

June 29, 2018

Better than a Peanut Butter Sandwich

Out of the three protein bars I tried, this was my least favourite just because I'm one of the odd people who is not a fan of peanut butter. However, it did taste like a chocolate bar but with better health benefits...kind of like an amped up adult Rice Krispie square. Although it had a decent enough of protein, the sugar and calorie content still were a bit high.

3.2/5

June 29, 2018

Great Peanuty taste!

The chocolate and peanut combination was flavourful and tasty. The product had a great texture, crunchy and smooth. I was excited to receive this product free through the product review club.

June 28, 2018

One of the best bars out there!

I am always interested in trying new plant based protein bars to supplement my diet or enjoy as a nice treat. I was selected but chickadvisor to try 3 flavours
    Of the powerbar plant protein bars. I am very impressed. Chocolate and nut butters are go to treats and this bar brings those flavours together wonderfully! It’s sweet, chewy, and full of flavour.
    I like the amount of protein which comes with no aftertaste or chalkiness.

Good for crunchy craving

I got this for free to review and surprised I actually liked it more than the other kinds. Found it more chewy for some reason, rice crisps were nice. Doesn’t taste like the gross protein bars that are like a thick cake. It’s a lot higher in sugar than I’d like but I expect that for bars. Good for on the go and taste was pretty good.

Healthy version of Reese's Pieces

Disclosure: Got this for free from ChickAdvisor campaign
    I definitely prefer this flavour over the the Almond, Sea Salt & Dark Chocolate as it does not tastes as sweet. While the nutritional value is better in the Almond, Sea Salt (ie. fibre and lower sugar content), this bar would be something that I would want to eat again. The peanut butter and dark chocolate is like biting into a healthy version of Reese's pieces. I love that is has 11 grams of protein and is VEGAN! It is definitely a guilt-free post work out snack. It also keeps me full for some hours. It does not claim to be a meal replacement but I feel like it ties me over until the next meal!

Awesome plant based alternative

I would buy these again for sure, just not this flavor. I'm not a peanut butter fan, that being said these taste good. No weird artificial after taste. No sacrifice on taste/flavor like you often find with other protein bars. Not as high in grams of protein per serving as found in comparable products but the taste of these bars is far superior.

June 28, 2018

A delicious snack with the perfect amount of sweetness

This chocolate and peanut butter protein bar is so delicious. It has a beautiful balance of pb and chocolate (though I could always use more chocolate ;) ) so the bar isn't as sickly sweet as others can be. I find it easy to eat at any time of day, so it's a great snack to provide a quick boost of energy or nourishment throughout the day.

Light and Yummy

I recently received this bar as part of a group of bars to try. I thought this would be my least favourite but it is truly my favourite powerbar now. Delicious and light - don't need to eat the whole thing to be satisfied.
    Thanks PowerBar and ChickAdvisor for the chance to try this winner!

June 28, 2018

This was another one of my favorite powerbar plant protein bars. The taste is delicious, and it isn't too sweet. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is great. The chocolate tasted like it was of good quality.

Love this bar!

I received this product for free through ChickAdvisor. I really like the taste of this one and it is a great as a snack in the car on the way to work. Gives you a little boost to start your day. Great combo for the flavour ! I feel like im cheating on a chocolate bar and but actually eating something good for me !