Skinfix Gentle Eczema Balm Reviews

Ranked #19 out of 91 in Skin Care

April 21, 2017

My 10 year old daughter has instances of lip lickers dermatitis and flare ups that leave a red ring all around her mouth. This stuff works just as well as cortisone cream. A layer applied every evening for 3-4 days clears it up versus using a steroid cream. We have tried numerous creams and nothing would work like this does. I'm so glad we found it!

1.7/5

April 05, 2017

I bought this for my son who has eczema and I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately, I don't. It's pricey for a small tube! I used it for a couple weeks but it didn't really do anything to my son's eczema. The consistency is quite thick and I wasn't really a fan of the smell either. I did like that it didn't have any harsh chemicals, that was a plus.

January 12, 2017

My baby suffered from eczema and this product kept it under control. I had to apply it almost twice a day but it was the only thing that relieved the dry skin.

2.2/5

January 05, 2017

I did not care for this product, I used it on my little one for two weeks and it did very little for his eczema. No matter how much you rub it in it leaves a white residue. I was hoping that this would work because I didn't want to continue using the prescribed medication which can lead to thinking of the skin.

October 20, 2016

This Balm works!! My daughter suffered so badly from eczema and I had tried every cream you could think of, prescription and non prescription, natural, you name it. i was given skin fix to try and within a week we noticed a difference and now the eczema has cleared up completely. this product was a life saver!

September 24, 2016

I used this for dry, itchy (eczema?) skin flare ups. It doesn't get rid of them completely but gives some relief if I keep applying it. The formula is quite greasy. It doesn't get absorbed and will easily get on clothing. Also the smell is not pleasant at first but you get used to it.

June 09, 2016

Pretty good for my eczema prone skin. I also use it for rough, dry patches of skin that aren't due to eczema and it softens up the area quite nicely. When I suffer from extremely dry chapped lips I'll put some on at night, its a better option than vaseline.

May 11, 2016

My daughter has bad eczema on the inside of her elbows and we love this cream. It doesn't matter if she scratched it opened, this cream doesn't burn or hurt her. We usually put this cream on and wrap it up at night. The price is a little high but it really works for her. We love this cream and wouldn't put anything else on her arms.

December 17, 2015

The Skinfix Gentle Eczema Balm for babies is formulated with natural ingredients. This is what lead me to try it. As well, the Skinfix brand is rated 4/5 on the National Eczema Society product list.
    I have moderate eczema on my face and neck. I tried this product for two weeks on my neck eczema, which is usually more severe. It took about the whole two weeks for my eczema to clear up.
    I applied the balm morning and before bed during the first week. It has a significant zinc oxide and oatmeal smell to it, which I didn't mind. However it did seem strong at times because it was so close to my face.
    The balm leaves a white residue when applied and does not absorb quickly into the skin. However, my skin did feel protected and it soothed the itch.
    I am a 26 female and this might be why it took so long for it to work on my eczema. I can see how it could be more effective on a baby's skin.
    Overall, I did enjoy the product. The price point is a little high (I purchased it for $16.99CAD at the Real Canadian Superstore; it is a 2 oz. or 60ml tube). However, I did not use much of it during my two weeks of flare up, so I feel that the price is worth it since it will last me a while.
    Check out my review video here (it includes before and after pictures of my eczema):

August 20, 2015

I use this for my eldest son. He gets really bad eczema on his arms and legs. It gets so bad that he starts to pick at it, and I don't have to tell you mom out there that it is hurt to get your kid to stop.
    Within the first couple of days of using it, I noticed an improvement. and within a couple of weeks (using it on him everyday) the rash barely noticeable. I was amazed at how well it worked.
    I don't much like about it, is the smell. It is fairly overpowering, and I have to wash my hands right after putting it on him. And it is quite expensive, but you don't have to use much, so it lasts a while.
    I would definitely recommend it.