So Delicious coconut milk ice cream - chocolate Reviews
#463 in Ice Cream

August 01, 2017

Coconut taste, but good.

My store only had the coconut So Delicious in chocolate, so that's what I tried. If you're going to get the coconut base, there's a definite coconut taste, so if you're not a big coconut fan I'd try one of the Cashew based ice cream over that. Texture-wise, it freezes really, really hard, but is nice and soft once you've managed to scoop it, I would just advise taking it out 5-10 minutes before you're ready to eat it.

The chocolate flavour is lovely and rich and the most important thing is, it doesn't taste crazy different to dairy based ice-cream. It has somewhat of a soy type flavour, but the chocolate and coconut come together nicely to make a delicious ice cream!

#gotitfree #trynatural

July 27, 2017

Coconut Deliciousness!

I tried the So Delicious coconut ice-cream sandwich and it was delicious! You get 8 in a box and they're quite small (a few bites) so that's unfortunate because the coconut flavour is yum! It's subtle and still tastes like ice-cream considering it's dairy-free. Impressive! It's pricey so definitely an alternative if you're lactose intolerant and wanting ice-cream.

June 13, 2017

great dairy free alternative to regular ice cream

it tastes delicious!!!! i could not even tell there is no milk in it!!! the whole family is hooked now!!! sometimes i find hard to find at my local grocery store but when i do i stock up!

May 09, 2017

i have recently starting eating healthier foods and this was one that i picked up. it has a very creamy taste and does not taste like anything different than ice cream.

September 05, 2016

This is my first time trying a dairy-free ice cream, and I'm impressed!

The flavour of this chocolate ice cream is just as good as regular ice cream. The texture, however, is where they differ. This is much harder and tends to break off in chunks, rather than being smooth and creamy. If it's been in the freezer for awhile, you are going to have a heck of a time scooping any out! I actually had to defrost mine in the microwave.

Because this is made with coconut, this stuff is packed with fibre. This is an excellent way to add extra fibre to your diet in a way that tastes great.

The biggest drawback is the price. I don't eat a lot of ice cream, so one container lasts a long time for me, but yikes! These are expensive!

May 17, 2012

I recently had confirmed that I am sensitive to eggs, dairy and gluten. This explains a lot! Overall I feel better but desperately miss sweet treats like ice cream. I discovered this product at my local Metro grocery store. IT IS AMAZING!

I've only tried the chocolate, and on first bite, the texture was a teeny-tiny bit different than regular ice cream and there was a very mild coconut taste, but still very good. Second time I had it, I swear I forgot it wasn't standard old ice cream. I will never miss dairy ice cream again!

Oh, and the best part? It is so much better for you thank dairy ice cream! The calorie count, fat content, sodium level and sugar level are ALL lower than dairy ice cream. Sweet bonus:)

It's pricey, about $8 for a pint but as an allergy free treat once in a while, it is absolutely worth it.

The So Delicious brand (under Turtle Mountain co) has a whole line of allergen free food. Their processing is very stringent including testing all foods, their equipment cleaning, packaging, and even co-packers etc that they work with have to follow their guidelines so products aren't cross contaminated. I also believe most of the products have no GMOs, and have organic ingredients.

NOTE: They do have some products with gluten (ex. the coconut milk ice cream with cookie dough) but it is clearly labelled and processed seperately.