St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control Reviews

It gently cleans pores and exfoliates while helping stop breakouts before they occur. Designed to remove oil, dirt, and dead skin cells that may be clogging pores. It's an oil-free formula that will not dry out your face! Contains 100% Natural Exfoliants and Salicylic Acid.

February 13, 2019

I use this all the time.

I recommend this for all you ladies on a budget! I suffer from bad breakouts the past 3 years and this is one of my favorite things to use after it clears up because it removes all the dead dry skin!

February 07, 2019

great face wash!

I love the smell of this and it feels nice and fresh and clean when I use it. You dont need a lot so it does last a while and it certainly helps get out the 'junk'

January 11, 2019

I have been using this product for quite a while now

It is a really good product, one because it is really inexpensive and it is a good quality. It has a very pleasant scent and a little goes a long way so the product will last you a long time for sure. Over time i did notice that my blackheads started to minimize and disappear, i don't suffer from bad acne but it definitely worked on my blackheads!

January 10, 2019

Merveilleux

J’adore! L’odeur est belle et douce , laisse la peau douce et propre et aide à faire partir les boutons pour de vrai lol à faire au moin une fois semaine

December 18, 2018

Clean pours for days!

I’ve struggled with acne and black beads since my pre-teens, it’s been so bad that I’ve even been to specialists. Coming into adulthood I was looking to ween myself off of medical strength creams and find an effective face wash. I tried everything and I mean everything. So many face scrubs can set you back $15+ for a small tube, this one was under $5 and is honestly the only thing that worked for me. It smelled good and gave me that fresh clean feeling without being too harsh! Definitely recommend

1.5/5

December 14, 2018

Do not buy it!!

I bought this product from Walmart about 6 months ago thinking “YES! Finally something that can help remove my blemishes at an affordable price of $5!” The back of the bottle states to use this product twice daily for best results. Although I did hear a lot of people say this product was AMAZING and it really helped clear out their skin, I decided to use it twice a week instead because I wasn’t sure if the product would work for me.
The product worked really well for me for the first 1-2 weeks. It removed all of my dead skin and left my face feeling smooth! It has a nice apricot scent too! I was quiet impressed by the product! However, with repeated use I found that I was actually breaking out more than I did previously. I didn’t immediately think it could have been this apricot scrub since it claimed to contain oil-free salicylic acid acne medication, which should help treat my acne, not give me more. Since it was the only new product I had included into my skincare, I decided to stop using it for a few weeks and see the results. I found that after a few weeks of not using this product, I stopped breaking out. Just to be sure, I included the product back into my skincare routine for a week, and found that I was breaking out again!

After doing a bit of research on the ingredients, I found out that this product contains Juglans Regia (also known as walnut shell powder), which actually causes microscopic tears in the epidermis (top layer of the skin). Because the top barrier of your skin is damaged, it is very easy for bacteria to enter through the tears and affect the deeper layers of your skin. Also, because the bacteria is now entering your skin, it will stimulate an inflammatory response by your body, causing white blood cells to accumulate at the site to fight the bacteria. This will consequently result in the formation of pus, which we see as pimples and acne, and it will clog your pores.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend people to NOT buy this product as it will damage your skin!! Although it is inexpensive and tempting to buy because of all of its claims, I found this product to NOT do what it claimed it would. Instead, it did the opposite. Please don’t cheap out on your skin and get something that actually helps!

December 11, 2018

The best face wash/ scrub

Only two face washes suits my acne prone skin - St. Ives fresh skin Apricot Exfoliating Facial Scrub and this one.
    I use it few times a day . I feel my skin fresh, clean and smooth. I love after wash glowing skin. It really helps control my acne and blemishes .
    it's my travelling partner.

December 04, 2018

I can't use this anymore

When I was younger (20s), I used this product as an exfoliator. Now in my 40s, this product created blemishes!! My face broke out with red splotches - awful! I can never use it again, which is too bad because the price is awesome & I see it on sale frequently.

October 16, 2018

Bu-Bye yucky feeling skin!

I have used this scrub several times on my face and neck. It is a great pick me up and has truly helped with reduction of blackheads on my face. What I loved most is that you can feel the apricot shells on your skin. I really love that unlike using beads where I feel like it usually just falls off your face and does nothing.

Overall, this is a great product to use if you use at least once a week or if you feel like your skin just needs that boost.

October 16, 2018

Leaves skin feeling clean!

I loved using this product. It left my skin feeling clean and it felt like it took off all of my makeup. I’ve been using it daily and doesn’t seem to irritate my skin.