St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control Reviews

It gently cleans pores and exfoliates while helping stop breakouts before they occur. Designed to remove oil, dirt, and dead skin cells that may be clogging pores. It's an oil-free formula that will not dry out your face! Contains 100% Natural Exfoliants and Salicylic Acid.

1.5/5

December 14, 2018

Do not buy it!!

I bought this product from Walmart about 6 months ago thinking “YES! Finally something that can help remove my blemishes at an affordable price of $5!” The back of the bottle states to use this product twice daily for best results. Although I did hear a lot of people say this product was AMAZING and it really helped clear out their skin, I decided to use it twice a week instead because I wasn’t sure if the product would work for me.
The product worked really well for me for the first 1-2 weeks. It removed all of my dead skin and left my face feeling smooth! It has a nice apricot scent too! I was quiet impressed by the product! However, with repeated use I found that I was actually breaking out more than I did previously. I didn’t immediately think it could have been this apricot scrub since it claimed to contain oil-free salicylic acid acne medication, which should help treat my acne, not give me more. Since it was the only new product I had included into my skincare, I decided to stop using it for a few weeks and see the results. I found that after a few weeks of not using this product, I stopped breaking out. Just to be sure, I included the product back into my skincare routine for a week, and found that I was breaking out again!

After doing a bit of research on the ingredients, I found out that this product contains Juglans Regia (also known as walnut shell powder), which actually causes microscopic tears in the epidermis (top layer of the skin). Because the top barrier of your skin is damaged, it is very easy for bacteria to enter through the tears and affect the deeper layers of your skin. Also, because the bacteria is now entering your skin, it will stimulate an inflammatory response by your body, causing white blood cells to accumulate at the site to fight the bacteria. This will consequently result in the formation of pus, which we see as pimples and acne, and it will clog your pores.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend people to NOT buy this product as it will damage your skin!! Although it is inexpensive and tempting to buy because of all of its claims, I found this product to NOT do what it claimed it would. Instead, it did the opposite. Please don’t cheap out on your skin and get something that actually helps!

December 11, 2018

The best face wash/ scrub

Only two face washes suits my acne prone skin - St. Ives fresh skin Apricot Exfoliating Facial Scrub and this one.
    I use it few times a day . I feel my skin fresh, clean and smooth. I love after wash glowing skin. It really helps control my acne and blemishes .
    it's my travelling partner.

December 04, 2018

I can't use this anymore

When I was younger (20s), I used this product as an exfoliator. Now in my 40s, this product created blemishes!! My face broke out with red splotches - awful! I can never use it again, which is too bad because the price is awesome & I see it on sale frequently.

October 16, 2018

Bu-Bye yucky feeling skin!

I have used this scrub several times on my face and neck. It is a great pick me up and has truly helped with reduction of blackheads on my face. What I loved most is that you can feel the apricot shells on your skin. I really love that unlike using beads where I feel like it usually just falls off your face and does nothing.

Overall, this is a great product to use if you use at least once a week or if you feel like your skin just needs that boost.

October 16, 2018

Leaves skin feeling clean!

I loved using this product. It left my skin feeling clean and it felt like it took off all of my makeup. I’ve been using it daily and doesn’t seem to irritate my skin.

The Best!!

I started with the St Ives green acne scrub which started the progress I’ve been seeing but after switching to this one; results have been ten times better.

October 05, 2018

I will buy more

Never travel without this. I’ve been using this since i was in college. Honestly, I love the smells of it. So fresh and natural smell. I used to have acne problems in high school before I discover this. I just wash warm water, apply small amount St. Ives and scrub in circle motion and rinse with water then after rub a cube of ice on my face after using it. I do this twice a week or at least once a week. It really works on me and I will definitely buy more.

October 03, 2018

St. Ives does it again

I've been using this product for years, even with all its changes and adjustments. I just cant find a stand alone cleanser anywhere close to as effective as this one. It exfoliates without having to use a facial buff or cleansing tool. It leaves my skin clean, non oily and with a soft moisturized feel right down to the touch. The scent is not bad, its as expected. Bright and fruity. Did I mention it extremely aids in the reduction of blemishes and dead skin cells? YES! It does. I really enjoy this scrub and all its benefits.

September 30, 2018

I just loooove this product!

I am currently using this product. And I use it every day as a part of my skin care regimen. It leaves my skin feeling soft, exfoliated, clean, fresh, healthy and under control. It removes my uneven and dead skin cells on my face and neck area. It's just an awesome product that I throughly enjoy using. It leaves me with a smooth, glowy finish. 😍😍😍🤗 #skinproducts2018 #Thebest #StIves ❤❤

September 21, 2018

Great product

I absolutely love this product.Ever since I have first tired this product I have been hooked. This is the only exfoliating face wash that I use. Smells great , gentle yet does the job of deep cleaning leaving your skin feeling soft with a light glow. My all time favorite product.