St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Exfoliating Facial Scrub Reviews

Apricot Scrub deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.

Product  Benefits

Key Ingredients
Apricot, Corn Kernel Meal, Walnut
    0.5/5

January 27, 2021

I wouldn't use: Even on my feet! Here's Why!

If you see this product RUN!!
    This product has been kicking around way too long!! It uses ground walnut shells as the exfoliant to give you smooth skin. WELL there is a massive problem with this... the edges of these shells are very sharp! They scratch at the fine layers at the skin! This is why you will see way more redness when using this product then when using others! This product may be inexpensive but so are many others that are safe on the skin! Neutrogena, The Ordinary to name a few!
    When using this exfoliant often I hear people say that it makes there skin 'feel' clean. When I ask further what they are saying is that their skin feels tightened after using it. This tightening effect means that the skin has been stripped of all natural oils called sebum. This is alarming as the skin will then go into panic mode so to speak and start producing sebum right away! Causing an overproduction of sebum! Which is often the reason people pick up an exfoliant to begin with. So in actuality this product is making your oil production worse which leads to more breakouts, more oil and more frustration.
    Those sharp edges on the shells that I mentioned before, well they will scratch at blemishes and yes will remove dead skin but they will also tear at healthy skin as well. This can cause problems with healing which ultimately can cause scarring!
    This product should never ever be used on the face EVER!! If you do have some left and want to get rid of it you can use it on your callouses on your feet. It is very close in texture to other foot scrubs in fact. But even other foot scrubs are not so careless as to use something so harmful and abrasive on the skin!

So so

I used to really enjoy this stuff because the beads are the perfect size. However, I recently started looking more into skin care and found that fragrance can be quite harmful to the skin. Frangrance is also the number one causeof contact dermatitis. This product contains fragrance. So in my quest use better products, I stopped using this product. If you're not sensitive to scents or dont care about fragrance in skincare this is a good product. If you do care about fragrance, I would look into an unscented product.

Will give it a miss!

I have tried many products from this range and I do not see myself purchasing it again. My skin is sensitive and even if i use little of the product it makes my skin very rough and dry. It is not great for sensitive skin.

2.2/5

January 25, 2021

I would not recommend this product

When I used this scrub, it caused major irritation on my skin and did not help with my pimples, blackheads, or overall bad zones on my face. It cause more breakage and thus did not benefit my face.

January 23, 2021

Better than others

I do enjoy this exfoliator as st Ives has a tendency to put walnut shavings in their products to create that brightening and scrubbing effect but it just ends up leaving your face cut up and messed up. This certainly did not do that to my face, and instead left it soft and supple. The scent was really nice too and for the price I would definitely reccomend this.

1.2/5

January 20, 2021

Not good

This product is very bad for your skin. It is very abrasive and the exfoliants are sharp. It puts microscopic tears in your skin. I definitely do not recommend this product.

January 19, 2021

Great facial scrub

I’ve been using this facial scrub for a couple of years and love it. It has a nice, fresh scent and does a good job exfoliating my skin. I use it 2-3 times a week. Great value too! I usually buy it for $3.99 at my local grocery store.

1.2/5

January 19, 2021

Bad for the skin!!!

Exfoliating with beads is not something I enjoy. I find it to be severely damaging to my already dry and sensitive skin. I’ve also heard horror stories of the beads becoming lodged in peoples pores

January 18, 2021

Amazing smell

I found that my skin was well moisturized after using the st. and the pomegranate/lemon leaves such a great smell and is so nice and rich when using that it has become addicting for me!

January 17, 2021

Exfoliated dead skin and left a smooth feeling

I got this scrub recently as I like to exfoliate the dry skin on my face which is more intense in the winter. The product was packaged well in an easy to use tub which I prefer to the squeeze bottles. As for product it left my skin feeling soft, but I felt it took off a natural moisture barrier, so I had to apply a moisturizer afterwards.