Prestige Item
tarte Shape Tape Foundation Reviews

May 19, 2020

Beautiful buildable coverage that does not cake!

I am so impressed with this long lasting, matte foundation! I love the buildable coverage, & I have already tested it to be sweat-proof after a full day of gardening! this formula is not cakey & goes on well, in a whip-like cream consistency. It has barely a smell. It works beautifully with my serums, primer & setting spray/powders. I thought that I had bought the wrong colour but do see that it adjusts as it sets; however, I may try a shade darker next time. I am blonde and fair-skinned so I went with fair sand, with a neutral-based undertone.

May 06, 2020

Great Staple Foundation!

This foundation is really great for buildable coverage and has a very nice finish! It doesn't look cakey and has a pretty natural finish even without setting it. The shade range doesn't have a wide variety of colours, but if you can find your shade, it is a great foundation.

April 05, 2020
    Texas, United States

Decent foundation

I'm a big fan of Tarte products because they're natural, free of junk, high performance, and have no animal testing.

This foundation comes in hydration and matte. I have combination, textured skin, and I prefer the hydration formula, which goes on more smoothly. The matte one dries quickly and doesn't spread as evenly, and I think it oxidizes more.

Overall, I do like the foundation and will continue using it until I find something better.

February 08, 2020
    New York, United States

Buildable coverage, bad packaging

I love Tarte foundation and this one is great for the summer to prevent extra shine. But I prefer the hydrating version overall. The other thing I hate is the bottle and applicator. Very hard to get it all out and lots of wasted product towards the bottom.

3.2/5

December 29, 2019
    California, United States

I would not buy this product again

This foundation is definitely a full coverage foundation although it is not long lasting at all and leaves me with alot of fine lines on my skin which is not appealing and my t-zone looks horrible after a couple hours

0.5/5

September 04, 2019
    Maine, United States

Nahhh

I didn’t like the matte foundation as much as the shape tape- it’s much thinner and doesn’t last all day like the shape tape does. I had high expectations because the concelar was amazing. I use that every single day. But I was not impressed at all!

3.2/5

August 14, 2019

Extremely matte but does not last well

This foundation is the most full coverage I have ever used. However, it does not last well especially on my nose. I have oily skin and it sinks into my skin and looks streaky and just disappears. Very pretty while it lasts though!

July 24, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Amazing foundation

I would definitely recommend this product. You can choose to have a natural look or build it up to get more coverage.This product is so weightless. I love it.

June 25, 2019

Best foundation ever!

I have oily skin and have a hard time finding a foundation that stays on all day. That is until I found this foundation. It has great coverage, stays put all day and matches my skin tone perfectly. This has replaced all my full coverage foundations! 5 stars all the way!

May 24, 2019

Love this.

This foundation is very similar to the concealer it has that full coverage to hide away acne scars, dark circles and more you should really by this and get your money's worth