Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder Reviews

Ranked #243 out of 382 in Powder

March 02, 2017

A very light finishing powder that leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. I am messy when it comes to loose powders, hence the lower rating since it tends to get everywhere, but it does work really well and leaves the skin looking lovely and feeling gorgeous.

June 30, 2016

I'm not sure if I have used this product correctly...I have oily skin and I thought it was gonna help me to set up my foundation and matify my skin, but it didn't. After 30 minutes, my ''shiny face'' was coming back. I usually love Tarte products, but I believe this one is just not for me...

1.5/5

April 19, 2016

This is the most bizarre powder I have ever used. I worked as a makeup artist for a few years so I have tried the lot. This powder is 100% visible on your skin no matter what you do and you don't need flash photography to see it. Even with the slightest touch to your skin, this powder will grab onto any foundation and/or concealer and stay put. It does not blend well at all and products do not blend out over it either. The worst mistake you can make is trying to bake with this powder. Not only can you see it all over your face, you can also feel it all day. This is the worst translucent powder I have ever tried and I couldn't even bear to give it to anyone, I just had to throw it out. Laura Mercier and NYC have this beat in every single way. Do not buy this product.

January 08, 2016

Ive been using Laura Merciers secret brightning powder but received this one in my ipsy bag right when i ran out of my usual product! Im very excited to say this is my new go to! Its amazing!!! My usual brightner usual creases after a few hours and ive had it on for 8 hours and i still have the face of an angel!

January 04, 2016

I will have to say that I expected more from this product. I always use a powder to set my foundation. This powder has a superfine texture, which is nice, and it is translucent, which is also nice. The powder kept my makeup in place for the first couple of hours of wear, then, disappointingly it melted off my face leaving me shiny and unhappy. Too expensive to perform so poorly.

August 03, 2015

This took me a long time to use up. A little goes a long way! It did a great job setting my foundation. I really liked it!

July 28, 2014

I have combination dry/sensitive skin. It's a loose finishing powder. You need to remove a small plug in the product. Then you need to push both sides to release the powder through a small hole. Supposedly, it gives you the right amount if powder. I'm not sure about that. It's an odd design which I didn't like. The powder is white and you need to blend in well. I sweated through the product and I didn't do much for me.