The Ordinary Coverage Foundation Reviews
#40 in Foundation

November 03, 2019
    Powys, United Kingdom

Great value

I would say this is a medium coverage foundation that still leaves a dewiness to the skin that can be mattified with powder. Excellent value for money and good choice of colours. Really blendable if you did happen to get the shade slightly wrong, they are quite forgiving.

October 07, 2019
    Southampton, United Kingdom

Brilliant coverage

the-ordinary-coverage-foundation-spf-15---medium-2.1y
    I've just started using The Ordinary coverage foundation and I have to say on first impressions it is insanely good! the coverage is so flawless and smooth, The foundation feels light weight but conceals blemishes and imperfections effortlessly while being long wearing and semi matte. One of the best things about The Ordinary coverage foundation is the price, It has far surpassed my expectations and is definitely on par if not better then foundations 3,4 times It's price! I should also add I am using The Ordinary skincare range along side the foundation which is also having positive effects on my skin. I rarely believe the hype that comes with 'cult' or 'It' Brands but I'm pleasantly surprised with The Ordinary.

August 14, 2019

Great foundation for the price and love the packagingg

This foundation is very good for the price! I have used it a handful of times and like it. It does make my face a little more oily then usual but that is the only downside of this product.

2.7/5

May 15, 2019

Good price, but no

Unfortunately I find the Ordinary’s foundation coverage to be less than good. I find I can never get it on evenly and doesn’t give good coverage. I have a lot of pink undertones in my skin and this doesn’t cover it up.

May 14, 2019

My perfect match

Shade: 1.0NS (very fair with silver highlights) - I am suuuuper pale, and it is difficult to find a good foundation shade match, but holy heck this is it! I was using TO serum foundation in the same shade, but found that my acne scars showed through. In contrast, their full coverage version covers imperfections really well, blends flawlessly, and hides scars without looking cakey or obvious. I go for the no-makeup makeup look, and am able to achieve it no problem with this foundation.

February 15, 2019

Pretty Good for the price!

I really like this foundation. It gives my skin a nice finish, matte without looking overly dry or cakey. I also find I don't need nearly as much of it as I do other foundations. One full pump is too much for me. I find a half pump gives me the right amount. That being said, I find that in the hot months, because my skin gets oilier then, that this foundation is not a good fit for me. It's pretty good in the cold months though. Overall for the price, it's a great foundation and I will purchase it again.

January 01, 2019

Very good product

This is such a low cost yet beautiful finish foundation. A bit too dewy in the summer for me but perfect for the winter. I have dry and acne prone skin fyi. Not the longest lasting so I always set it with powder and finishing spray. Love the finish and the sheer feeling on the skin!

December 18, 2018

Works well when mixed with something else

This is my first The Ordinary foundation and I find by itself it's lacking in certain areas. I found it was very light coverage but it is also lightweight so you can build upon layers. I also didn't find it sit well on my skin and needed a good amount of powder on my t-zone to set it in place.

While I didn't like it by itself I enjoyed mixing it with other products, such as moisturizer or another foundation that's dark. When mixed with another foundation I'm able to create a better match for my skin and a combination of the two products worked better for me and provided close to all day coverage. For the price - it's worth it to have on my shelf for the lazy days where I want to mix it with a moisturizer to add a bit of coverage. I also enjoy the simple packaging with a pump.

December 14, 2018

Only use if you also use other ‘The Ordinary’ products

The first time I used this foundation I would say my skin was in good condition, but not as good as it is now after using The Ordinary skin care. It became a little bit flaky and had uneven coverage which I was really disappointed in because the foundation shade is PERFECT.

After using it in combination with the skin care, it is a much better product. The serums leave my face feeling almost unnaturally soft which is perfect for this foundation. I think they are meant to go together.. because when I use my old foundation now ‘The Ordinary’ serum I use in the morning doesn’t mix with it and it gets peely... but ‘The Ordinary’ foundation is flawless.

July 13, 2018

Great coverage!

I would definitely recommend this foundation if you want something full coverage. For somone who does not wear make up on a daily basis, the foundation is great for a night out and it won't break the bank either! I personally prefer the serum foundation, however.