3.9/5
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation Reviews
#4 in Foundation

Super-blendable Opti-Blend Complex lets you control coverage and fine-tune it. Feels fresh and natural, yet covers flawlessly. Opti-Blend Technology creates precisely calibrated skin-true shade. Won't fade or change over time. Micro-fine optical pearls blur imperfections, as glycerin and Vitamins B and E nourish skin. No oils, no pore-clogging fillers. Ultra-pure formula feels so beautiful, you forget you're wearing makeup.Available in 18 skin-true shades that match your skin's tone and its undertone.
Sourced from www.loreal.com

May 14, 2019

Love LOVE LoVe

I found this stuff on sale the other day at my local Save-On-Foods and had to pick it up because it was $2,99 and just happened to be my skin color as well.
    I'm used to trying so many foundations and having them looking nasty on my face or not be the right color but not this stuff, I had never tried it before I found it on sale as I usually stick to BB cream, this stuff worked wonders on top of my primer. I loved the way this made my skin look and it covered up what I needed it to.

April 16, 2019

Pretty good

For the price this is one of my favourite drug store brand foundations. Been using it for years. Really helps with my problem skin. Good coverage and can buy a few to get your time right! Great value.

2.8/5

March 10, 2019

A bit heavy foundation

If you have clear skin snd just want something to cover your flaws dont buy this product. This foundation makes me feel old and makes my wrinkles even more seenable (no one wants that effect). Maybe for some special occasions but for every day use definitely not.

1.7/5

February 06, 2019

Not L'Oreal's best...

I'm a little past the point of using drug store foundation, but this one was one of the worst I tried.
    - To start it has a very odd smell, which thankfully airs out quickly.
    - It's liquid, but doesn't come with a pump or a dropper so dispensing and application can get messy including spilling a drop of it on a black shirt just as you are getting ready for work. Being quite oily it can't be washed out on the spot.
    - I found the coverage to be very light and hard to build if you are short for time. Just like all liquid foundations, you have to give it some time to dry. This foundation takes a little longer to do that, so if you want to build the coverage you have to wait before applying more, or put on setting powder and do another layer of foundation and powder on top of that.
    - I found it to be quite oily... Do shake it before you use it, but despite using it with primer I found it caused small breakouts and I looked oily by the end of the day.
    - Which brings me to point out that it doesn't last well. With powder and setting spray you can make it work through the day, but it start to look patchy towards the end of a work day.
    - The colour selection is not the best either, but I'm finding that's an overall problem with drug store foundation. Having only one particular undertone available is a very L'Oreal issue. I'm very pale but with a cool undertone, and most of these have a warm one. No matter how closely colour matched, these me look pink, like my whole face is flushed and the rest of my body drained of blood by contrast.

The only people I can recommend this product to is those who are looking for very light coverage and their skin isn't prone to breaking out from oily products.

L'Oreal has many other foundations available in drug stores and I would recommend trying something else, especially considering the price point.

1.2/5

February 06, 2019

hated it!

I was recommended this foundation bu a shoppers beauty lady & when I got it home it was the worst foundation I've ever used! doesnt cover a single thing & make me look orange ever though I was color matched.

December 19, 2018

The foundation gives a soft glossy dewy look..it has the same consistency as the NYX total control foundation I bought mines at ultra beauty its easy to apply and light weigh.

October 17, 2018

Goes on like a high-end foundation.

This is a beautiful foundation. You can build it up from light to skin like look to medium to nearly full coverage and still manages to look like skin. Never looks cakey or dry. Doesn'take me break out which isn't usually a problem for me anyways. It gives you a natural glow. Not to matte and not too dewy. It can give you a natural to glam look. Its just that flexible. I use it nearly every day. You won't be sorry. Just find your shade.

June 20, 2018

Good drugstore foundation, just not what I'm looking for

I have yellow undertones and was able to find a good colour match. Overall I like the way it wears, but will be looking for another drugstore foundation to replace it for a couple reasons. 1st: among drugstore options it's a bit more on the expensive side. 2nd: it's difficult to see unless the formula is under bright light, but there are a lot of sparkles in it which I don't really like. Though it does not deter me from buying it, this product also does not have a pump dispenser so the cap and bottle neck get messy pretty easily if you are not careful, which is inconvenient.

2.7/5

May 12, 2018

Nope Not impressed

On my quest to find a good foundation that actually works, I decided to try the L'Oreal True Match foundation. It is to bad this didn't work for me as the finish is actually pretty nice and it blends nicely. At $16 CDN it is on the more expensive side of drugstore foundations however it has a pretty good shade range that I think most people would be able to find their color match. The consistency is very very runny, the coverage does as it says from light to full coverage however for me to get the coverage I like (which is high medium coverage) I have to use ALOT of product which means the bottle wont last long so that was a negative for me. The biggest drawback was how it wore through the day, by the end of my work day (regular 8 hours) it completely broke down and I was like an oil slick, I couldn't wait to get home to remove it. This foundation is definateley one that i will NOT be recommending or re buying.

April 10, 2018

Worth every penny!

This is by far one of the best drug store foundations i have ever tried! I have gone through a few bottles already. What keeps me buying this particular foundation is its long wearing ability. It lasts me the entire day! It is also a definite colour match on my skin. It comes in a large variety of shades for different complexions as well as in warm and neutral shades. So it is suitable for anyone. It is a bit pricey, but when it goes on sale at my local drug store, its always up for grabs!