The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA 2% Reviews

October 07, 2020

It works but I cannot stand the texture!

I was looking to add vitamin c to my routine because my skin needed a little help being a bit more even and bright. The texture is gritty but the consistency is a little greasy. I know it says it's oil-free so I'm not sure why it seems that way. It's okay for use at night but I can't use it during the day because it doesn't seem to sink into my skin. As a result, my bangs tend to soak up the product and become heavy and stringy during the day. No matter how I try to layer it, it just doesn't work for me. For reference, my skin type is combination. Usually oiler on the forehead and chin and during the winter it tends to be drier.

On the bright side, I have noticed that my skin is a little more even-toned. I'm not amazed so I probably won't buy this product once I've finished this bottle. And the search for a good vitamin c continues.

June 18, 2020

So far so good.

I just got this product and so far I like it. Price point is perfect!!!! Totally worth it’s money and more. It’s a bit watery and greasy when first applied, but slowly it sinks into the skin. I haven’t used it enough to say I’d it works or not, but I haven’t had a bad reaction so I quite like the product.

June 15, 2020

Not recommended for oily skin

In general I'm a fan of The Ordinary philosophy and I've bought some great products from them, but this one specifically made me regretful, the formula made my skin looks even more oily, not the ideal product for me.

2.3/5

May 26, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

hate it

I don't like the smell and the texture - its super weird. Its greasy, hard to spread, and as I have combination-oily and acne prone skin this product cause me break out on my cheeks. Im not going to buy again, at least it wasn't expensive. From all The Ordinary products this is my least favorite and Im a huge fan of The Ordinary products.

March 30, 2020

I would not recommend it

This product didn’t work for me. I used for a few days at night and it causes acne. I have a dry skin and I used it to get some hydration, but it didn’t work for me

March 19, 2020

Adding some citrus

So I was looking for a good moisturizer with vitamin C to cope with my dull and uneven skin tone. Saw The Ordinary range on sephora and searched the brand online. I saw each and everyone literally raving for the brand and how economical it is. So I thought to test it, and obviously my first purchase was the ordinary Vitamin C suspension. At first the gritty texture seemed weird to me since I am use to of the moisturizer and serum that are super soft and silky.... adjusted with that. The only thing I didn't expected was the tingling all around the face at first thought to rinse it off but then realised its actually working.
    So far it's going good not seeing any visible results as of now (started using it 4 or 5 weeks ago) but yes skin texture is definitely getting better. Let's see if it works for the uneven patches and dullness

February 10, 2020
    Leicestershire, United Kingdom

Brightens

My skin is so much brighter since I started using this every morning, my dark spots are significantly reduce too. Definitely worth adding to your beauty routine, especially at that price.

November 26, 2019
    United Kingdom

Made my face orange

The product is good as it will give you glow, but after sometime of continously using it your face, fingers and clothes will turn orange. I used it for couple of weeks, but then had to throw it away

October 11, 2019
    Powys, United Kingdom

Super strength vitamin c

Slightly stingy but so addictive this gritty brightening solution can be used nightly, although I don’t use on liquid gold nights. I use a serum on top and am left with a super radiant complexion. So inexpensive and long term anti aging benefits for all ages.

October 10, 2019

Glow!

Helps you get an awesome glow ! I have been using for a month now and my skin never been so light ! I don’t have a dull skin anymore! A must try ! The ordinary products are cheap and effective!