2.6/5

July 05, 2021

Waltzing Ma "Tilda": Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice

WALTZING MA TILDA: Tilda's Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice

URL: https://www.ontopic.ca/post/waltzing-ma-tilda

Tilda produces several varieties of steamed and dried Basmati rice products. Its foods are gluten-free and can be used in place of pasta, sandwiches and side dishes. Each variety can be used as a stand-alone product, or as part of a larger prepared dish.

The product that I sampled for this review was Tilda's Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice.

As soon as I received and opened the package, I could tell the product was made from top quality ingredients. Its fragrance was that of authentic coconut and I could not detect the scent of artificial ingredients.

Tilda's steamed rice mixtures are quick to prepare and earn their reputation as convenience products. They come pre-steamed in their packages and can be heated either by microwave or with oil, by stove top. After sampling my product, I confirm with Tilda's guarantee that its mixtures are fluffy and do not stick.

When sampling Tilda's Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice, I did not pair it with Indian spices, as per company suggestion.

However, I did choose to heat it with oil, by stove top and then consumed it without any added ingredients. In general, I enjoy the taste and smell of coconut and thought that its flavour would be more prominent in Tilda's product. But I was wrong.

In retrospect, I realize that mixing the Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice with its recommendation of Indian spices could have created a synergized effect on the taste palette. In summary, the product was very filling and had great texture but I don't advise that consumers treat the rice mixture as a stand alone product. I also do not feel that heating these grains with oil is the best option, as the preparation method resulted in a rancid tasting result.

URL: https://www.ontopic.ca/post/waltzing-ma-tilda