3.9/5
Prestige Item
Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara Reviews

August 07, 2020

LOVED IT!

It is amazing! It lasts all day and super waterproof! I wore it to a festival and it started raining and didn't run at all! 100% would recommend it! A little pricey but worth it!

1.0/5

May 21, 2020
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Very clumpy

The look of it is beautiful, and it does make your lashes longer.. but it also glues them together. I found it sat very clumpy on my lashes, and takes a really long time to dry... the regular version of this mascara is much much better

May 19, 2020
    Florida, United States

AMAZING

The best mascara I have ever used! Worth the money! I prefer the waterproof because my lashes hold better and for a longer time. Stays all day and doesn’t smear at all!

2.0/5

April 10, 2020

meh i returned it

this mascara was awfully clumpy and dry. It looked awful on my eyelashes - it was rather 'spidery' but with lots of clumps. I actually returned it, not value for money!!!

January 14, 2020

Actually waterproof.

I like this mascara. I've been using the non-waterproof version but recently bought the waterproof one and this mascara is really waterproof! It doesnt smudge when my eyes get watery and its difficult to remove without makeup remover which is a bonus for me.

December 14, 2019
    Denbighshire, United Kingdom

Amazing

Lovely mascara, need just one coat to make your lashes wow. It last all day (and night), makes your lashes looks longer and adding more volume. Only one thing I don't like it take long time to dry

November 29, 2019

Love this! Literally holy grail product!

I hate fake lashes but needed something to really help me out in the eyelash department. I literally fell in love with it instantly and have now been using too faced better than sex for years!

August 31, 2019

Works better the more you let it dry out

I have been a long time lover of the too-faced brand Better Than Sex mascara. I love how fluffy the brush is and how easily it coats even the tiniest little lower lashes. It really gives a gorgeous fullness to the lashes and a doll-like, pretty look to the eyes. The only issue I ever ran into was it would sometimes smudge a little bit around the outer corners of my eyes after a long day of wear. As someone with oilier lids who doesn't always wear primers, I figured this was to be expected. When I learned there was a waterproof formula for the same mascara at Sephora I rushed out to buy it immediately.

Maybe this is naive of me, but I actually thought this mascara would be SO completely waterproof you could theoretically swim in it. Well I was wrong on that count, as I learned on a trip to Hawaii. I came back from a day at the beach with pretty bad raccoon eyes.

That said, if you wear this as normal mascara it does have a very nice long-lasting formula which doesn't smudge like the non-waterproof version does. I have found that with both versions, it is pretty inky and watery when you first open the tube and might be a bit more difficult to work with. If you allow the tube to 'age' slightly in your makeup bag before using it, it gets a bit more tacky in texture and then WHAM you have amazing lashes. I heard about that trick from Adele's makeup artist in a video somewhere and boy, was he right. Sometimes letting the mascara dry out slightly makes it better!

I still use this one occasionally but should probably toss it soon since it's been in my kit for longer than a year now and most likely its expired by now. It still works great so I am loathe to part with it. It has a wonderful buildable quality and really stays put even when you sweat or get drizzled on in an unexpected rain storm (I am in Vancouver)

All in all, it was a good purchase and I would recommend it! Just don't try to go swimming :)

July 08, 2019

The Packaging Alone is Worth the Buy!

I love the packaging for the waterproof version of this mascara. The textures of the 'water droplets' are so neat, and make holding the tube so much easier.
    I love the quality of the packaging, tube and brush. I don't find the formula itself to be anything incredible, but I do love TooFaced, so it's hard for me to give them a negative review.

June 29, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

My favorite mascara!

This is one of my favorite mascara! It holds all day! However, I find that the mascara dries up fast so I can't use all of the bottle. Since it holds my leg lashes very well, I am still buying this product!

Updated On: June 29, 2019