Vichy Normaderm Anti-Acne Purifying Gel Cleanser Reviews

This ultra-gentle soap-free, alcohol-free cleansing gel deeply cleanses sebum and impurities without over drying or irritating the skin. Its ingredients have purifying, anti-bacterial and keratolytic actions to help prevent new imperfections from popping up.

For more information, please visit Vichy.ca

You may also like Vichy Normaderm Pore-Tightening Lotion and Vichy Normaderm Corrective Anti Acne Treatment
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2017 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2016

July 26, 2016

I received this for free as part of the Chickadvisor product review club.
    As mentioned in one of my other reviews, I was having quite a few breakouts this summer so the timing was great for this.
    I like the cleanser packaging and it was easy to dispense. I thought it did a good job of cleaning my face without over drying it. It didn't do a great job of removing my eye makeup so I still needed a separate remover for that. Overall, my skin felt clean but not tight after using this. It's a great basic cleanser but a little more than I would spend if I had to pay for it myself.

July 26, 2016

I love the smell of this product. The gel really foams up into a soapy lather as well which is nice. I personally was not a huge fan of the face wash. It didn't work great with my skin but it was absolutely worth trying. Your face feels very clean after washing and it doesn't dry out at all. Worth a try if your looking for a good clean.

2.8/5

July 26, 2016

I received this product as part of the Product Review Club in a set. My skin is oily and acne-prone, so it needs all the help it can get! This cleansing gel worked well in the evenings after an oil cleanser as part of my double cleansing routine. It smells great (but not very strong) and leaves my skin feeling very clean. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin since my skin felt a little tight afterwards. I personally would not use it in the mornings either but at night its fine since I layer my night serums and creams before bed. For the price, I am not sure if I would re-purchase if it wasn't on sale, since there are other cheaper cleansers that I would prefer before this one. Overall, it was unfortunately not an impressive line from Vichy (sorry!)

July 26, 2016

(I wish there was an option above for in between "You Betcha!" and "Fugheddaboutit!", I would have picked in between). I was very excited to receive this cleanser free as part of the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club. Having suffered from severe acne since puberty, and now in my mid-20's, I have tried so many things unsuccessfully. Unfortunately, and I'm sorry to say, Vichy, but this too has let me down. Let me break it down for you: as far as a cleanser goes, it does the trick fine. I was disappointed, however, that it is unsafe for use on the eyes, which means I have to use a separate product to remove my eye makeup, unlike my current face cleanser. However, it does lather very well, has a pleasant scent to it (though perhaps slightly overpowering for someone like me, who is used to more natural scented products - this smells more perfumy), removes face makeup and my skin felt refreshed and clean after, no film or sticky residue. As well, you don't need a lot, so I think this bottle will continue to last me quite a while, which is great, especially for the price. I will give it this bonus too, that many acne cleansers have irritated my skin horribly in the past, and this didn't at all. It didn't change my acne at all - no better, but also no worse. No stinging or irritation, which is rare for me, so I will give it that. All in all, it worked fine as a cleanser, but didn't deliver in the acne department. And for that, I could stick with my cheaper alternative. I would say to those of you looking for a good quality deep cleanser for *mild* acne or oily skin, and don't mind spending a little more, definitely give this a try.

2.2/5

July 26, 2016

I have receive this product from ChickAdvisor, but this didnt work for me, it is irritating like drying for my skin and It make me brake out, I was using a Great cleanser with my Clarisonic so my skin was pretty clear but this product give me blemish and inflamed blemish, so No I don't recommand It since It have not work for me

July 26, 2016

This cleansing gel is pretty amazing! It mattify skin and clean pores answer oil easily. Not too aggressive, doesn't dry the skin. It's definitely a every day essential!

July 26, 2016

I received this product through ChickAdvisor. I believe that this product did quite a good job cleansing my face over the past 4 weeks (I tried taking makeup off with it, and also sunscreen after a day at the beach!) I like that the product is in a pump and easy to use. I also like the scent of this product. I tend to like when products give that totally clean feeling after cleansing, and this product did just that. I did not feel like this product made my skin shiny or left any residue. Overall, this is a very good product and I would recommend!

1.5/5

July 26, 2016

Very nice smelling and didn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. Foamed nicely for easy coverage. However, my acne was almost instantly worse and i had red scaly patches all over my face and eyelids by day 7. I did like the oil control of the system though.

July 26, 2016

I received this product courtesy of chickadvisor for review. I have always have combination and acne prone skin. Prior to this cleansing gel I have been using neutrogena cleanser. I have to say after using Vichy normaderm deep cleansing gel my face feels very soft. The gel also smells really nice and wasnt harsh on my skin. It did not leave my face feeling tight and did not leave any drying effect. I really like this gel and would probably purchase it again.

2.0/5

July 26, 2016

I received the Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel free as part of the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club. I got this as part of the sensitive skin package. My skin is fairly sensitive, and thought this could be a good product to try and deal with some of my blemishes.
    The first thing I noticed was the intense perfume smell. Almost all other items I have ever used for sensitive skin either have little to no smell or a very organic/natural smell. For someone who is sensitive to perfumes this already put me off, but I still tried it. I actually tried the whole package for two weeks and my skin reacted - I broke out terribly. Unfortunately I had to stop using the gel. The product itself did leave my face feeling clean, so for other people I am sure this is a great product.