Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment Reviews
#2 in Remedies

Vicks VapoRub ointment is the #1-selling branded children’s cough/cold product. The ointment is applied gently to the skin with your loving touch, and is safe to use on children ages two and up, when used as directed. It contains medicated vapors that start to work on contact to quickly relieve your child’s cough. In addition, it is not likely to cause drowsiness or jittery side effects. For more information, check out their site.

May 03, 2013

I have used VapoRub for probably my entire life. It is a gentle way to ease mild to moderate stuffiness, coughing and sore throats. My kids also use it and find it effective.

Best of all, since it's a topical treatment, it will not interfere with any oral medication you might also be taking. The only potential issues I've had is that if you use it for several nights in a row you might get a mild breakout on your chest or throat, and some people find the scent a little too strong (though this is part of what's helping!). It's also not as effective if you have severe stuffiness/coughing.

This is a very inexpensive and easy to use remedy, so it's worth trying at least once. I recommend it!

May 01, 2013

I love this stuff. When I'm pregnant and am unable to take decongestants or allergy pills or basically anything that I would normally take, this does the trick! Not necessarily as effectively as the others, but since it's topical and not ingested, I'm not expecting miracles. Also great for kids (age 6 ) so you're not just doping them up on whatever.

April 30, 2013

I LOVE this product! Every single night my nose gets stuffed up so I put a little bit of this under my nostrils and I can breathe clearly and easily!!

I also love the smell! It's fantastic and I can't live without it! If we are going overnight anywhere, and I've forgotten my Vicks, I make sure we make a pharmacy run to pick some up! The price is great too!

April 30, 2013

I totally love this stuff! It's a very relaxing way to get rid of congestion and stuffy nose. Nothing makes me sleep better with a bad cold then rubbing some of this on my chest. It can get a little messy so wear an old shirt and prop yourself up with pillows. I love the cooling sensation and the instant relief..nothing beats that first clean minty breath!

April 30, 2013

Vick's is a WONDERFUL product!! It works wonders for stuffy noses and dry coughs! The only down side of this product is it burns your eyes so it's not easy to use during the day unless you're napping! Well worth the money and a must have item to have in your home for cold season!!!!

April 03, 2013

This product is wonderful! Put some on you or your child's chest before bed and it will clear your sinuses instantly! It really helps to make breathing more comfortable when you're not feeling well!

April 03, 2013

I bought this product after I heard it worked on cystic pimples. After putting the Vicks on her cystic pimple for 3 nights it was mostly gone. This pimple had been a big red spot on her face for 3 weeks. Awesome!

January 26, 2013

Growing up my grandmother would always have this product at home. It is truly her best arsenal for everything for us her grandkids. Now that I am a mom, I have this too at home, it keeps the cold away. I have used this with my kids and it works amazingly well. Vicks Vaporub is a staple in our home.

December 24, 2012

This is a wonderful product that really works. When my children were little and had stuffing noses Vick's Vaporrub always helped them to breath better and get a good nights sleep. It also works on adults including the husband that seems like a big baby when they are sick.

November 29, 2012

I swear by this stuff when i'm stuffed up! I find alot of the pills for congestion make me either nauseous or really tired, so this is a great way to skip the side-effects and still get relief. Obviously it's one of those products that limits its time of use (can't exactly be slathering this on while sitting in the office), but at night in bed or on a sick day curled up with a book, this stuff is a lifesaver.