Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact Reviews

Ranked #263 out of 285 in Bronzer

This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft, warm pink glow. Works well with neutral and pink blush shades.

September 23, 2016

It’s hard to compare these Shimmer Bricks powders to my regular, preferred highlights because they are in a class of their own, with their versatility and long-lasting properties. Are they better than my usual Holy Grails from Kevyn Aucoin and Laura Mercier? No, simply because they are very different, almost not comparable. I can’t stretch enough how breathtaking and luxurious these powders make my skin look (trendy and younger looking!).

Pros:
*Mature skin friendly
*Doesn't break me out
*A little goes a very long way

April 29, 2015

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks, as highlights and even eyeshadows!

June 24, 2014

This product is versatile because it is a highlighter, really shimmery blush, or individual eye shadows. I find that the best result is when you use a little, if you apply too much and in the wrong places you skin looks too shiny and sweaty. I use a fan brush to sweep this on top of my cheek bones after blush.

September 12, 2012

I have two of these and purchased the first on an international flight. I loved it so much I bought a second one. I actually like to use them as eye shadow, as I don't really know how to apply bronzer or in this case shimmer.

September 24, 2010

I love love love this shimmer brick! Its definitely pricey but one of those items that its worth to pay the extra for. It stays on for hours and gives you the perfect shimmer without the big glitter clumps that you find in other shimmers. The colored rows let you pick and choose the color you're going for and I often double up the individual strips as eye shadow... If I'm going to throw one item in my purse to go along with my mascara on the way out of the house, this is it. If you can get over the price i would highly recommend it to anyone!

June 07, 2010

I love this paired with the "Shore" long wear crean shadow, tinted moisturizer and a glossy lip. Beach is a perfect shade for me for a casual summer face. This is definitely my fave of all the Shimmer Bricks as it imparts a beautiful glow without a lot of colour. Features five bars of warm, pearlized shimmer to create a beautiful glow. Huge rave!

May 30, 2010

I bought this product on an international flight from Vancouver to Indonesia. I smoke and the next stop was Singapore before Jakarta and I knew I wouldn't make it that far before running amuck on the plane, so I asked my doctor to prescribe a bit of something to make me sleep. Didn't want to inflict my psychotic-ness on the other passengers hahaha :-) So I slept. But apparently I didn't sleep through the whole flight to Singapore, cause when I woke up I had a duty free bag full of perfume, 2 Bobby Brown shimmer bricks - one in rose and one in a gold case with bronze colors - and an Estee Lauder Lipstick Candybar LOL I don't remember buying any of them hahahaha What a nob! No more of them sleeping pills for me! LOL

It cost $40US, as I later found out when I looked at the bill, and came all nicely packaged and WITH 2 brushes!! A nice brush for the shimmer brick and a lip brush for the 2 lip sticks and glosses that were included in the case. Both brushes are travel sized and of good quality, and the lip brush has a lid on it, THANK GOD. Nothing I hate more than lid-less lip brushes. Bloody messy. Overall, I guess, the price was not bad considering how many products and brushes I got with it. 2 lip sticks, 2 glosses, 2 brushes and the shimmer brick.

The compact itself is great, very solid, shiny black, with a good mirror in the lid. The first layer of the compact holds the lip sticks and glosses. Flip that one up and you've got the shimmer brick underneath. Pretty damn good purchase, considering I was whacked off my face! LOL Maybe it was a limited edition? You can sometimes get cool makeup on international flights that you never see elsewhere. Made in Italy, BTW.

It is fairly versatile, as you can use it as a brow bone highlighter, a cheekbone highlighter, dab a bit on lips over the gloss and use the darker shades as a light blush. The colors are very sheer, but you still don't want to use too much because it'll make you look like a twit. But carefully and tastefully used, it looks great. Very mixable with my pink blushes, etc. The white one has very pink undertones, which surprised me. Not my favorite, but great as a lip highlighter. NOT good for the eyes on light skinned women, unless you like yours looking blooshot.

The glosses and lipsticks looked super dark to me, which prevented me from using them for quite some time. When I finally did try them. I was surprised. They're actually not that dark once applied, and the glosses perfectly match the lip sticks. Very good quality as well. Love the texture of the Bobby Brown glosses.

Would I buy it again, considering it came with all the extras? Yes. But for $50 Canadian and no extras?? Hell no. Glad I got it for the deal I did. Worth every penny.

August 30, 2009

This has got to be the best Bronzer. It is in a black box with a palette of different shades. It is very natural when you apply it and for $55 this has lasted me almost two years! Just absolutely fantastic product.

January 11, 2009

This compact is another one of Bobbi Brown's amazing shimmer bricks. This one especially brightens up the face and adds shimmer to the cheekbones and eyes. The colours are amazing for eyes and cheeks and you never feel to overdone. After I added this to my face, people started smiling at me more because my face brightened up (no lie!).

August 15, 2006

Pink was THE shade for spring 2006, and going into summer, pink is still hot. Shimmer and pink together in combination had Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick fans on the waiting list for this one!