Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Hair Dye

Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Hair Dye Reviews

Ranked #221 out of 258 in Hair Colour

December 31, 2015

I've been using this brand for about 6 years now. I really like it. I use 'Espresso on the Double'. Color is deep, rich and glossy. Long lasting. Doesn't get brassy.

April 24, 2015

I'm 58 years young and I've tried most brands of hair dyes and Clairol Perfect 10 is perfect for me ! You really are done in 10 minutes, this was made for me ! I tried the MEDIUM ASH BROWN swift chocolate and I'm totally in love with my hair again ! So soft and shiny and it really is Nice and Easy ! Love love love this hair dye !

September 04, 2013

This product left me with an oozing scalp for almost 3 months. I did my test strand, turned out fine and when I coated the rest of my hair my head started to burn within 3 minutes. The dye worked well enough but it wasn't worth the pain it caused and the wet oozing that came after. Would NOT recommend, especially if you have any type of sensitivity to dyes (I usually do not but I do with this brand)

July 02, 2012

I received two coupons for free boxes of Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Hair Dye from their face book page. I usually need two full boxes to cover my long hair, but I cut about four to five inches off before I dyed it this time, so I only needed to use a box in a half. They tell you that you can get the color you are looking for in just ten minutes, but because my hair was still very long after I cut that much off it, it still took an hour and fifteen minutes just to get all of the dye on! I waited the ten minutes after we applied it only because I wanted to make sure the last places we covered would color as much as where we started. I really liked that I could hardly smell anything coming from this hair dye. Most that I have tried in the past were so strong that even with the windows open they were hard for me to handle. The Perfect 10 hair dye comes with two types of applicators witch I thought was a great idea. One is just like any other tip, but the other is a comb type, almost like the tip you get with a root touch up only bigger. I found this tip worked the best for my long hair as it was much easier to get through all of my hair and to make sure that the color went on evenly. It’s a great addition for those that are beginners or for those with longer hair. The gloves aren’t the best, their pretty much the same as you would get in the Nice & Easy brand of hair dye. So we used another set from a different brand that I happen to have on hand. Any how I was pretty surprised at how fast this dye rinsed out of my hair. I’m usually bent over my tub for a good ten to twenty minutes, but not with the perfect 10. It was all out in less then ten minutes this time around. The weekly conditioner that comes with this dye also has a nice scent to it and made my hair feel like silk when it was wet and after it had dried. As for my results, like I said it took us a very long time to get all of my hair covered so the dye was on my head for what I feel was way to long before we even started the ten minute wait time. I also always have to use a dye that has ash in it or my hair will go red. I hadn’t dyed my hair in awhile so I had a strip down the center of my head before we started. Once my hair was dried that stripe was gone along with the gray that I had through out my hair, but it doesn’t match the rest of my hair. Where that stripe was is looks just a bit lighter then the rest of my hair. I think because we left the dye on for so long the rest of my hair is more of a light black then an ash brown. The farther you look down from my roots to my tips it gets darker and darker. My poor husband thought I was going Goth on him.LOL My mom told me she thought it looked good, but that’s what moms are suppose to tell us. My kids didn’t even know me from the back and when they did realise it was me they didn’t say anything thing. The looks on their faces sure did though. I think I scared them.LOL If this would have happened to me a few years ago I think I would have cried for weeks, but after everything I’ve gone through in my life so far, I just said oh well better luck next time. I just won’t use a ten minute dye on my hair again. How ever if you have shorter hair I really do think the Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Hair Dye would be great for you. I just don’t think it’s for those of us that have very long hair. The timing is everything and in my opinion you just can’t get good coverage, get the dye on fast enough with hair as long as mine, then leave the dye on for another ten minutes and expect it to work right all over. Over all I do love the Clairol Perfect 10 high Gloss Hair dye, I just wouldn’t recommend it for people with long hair.