This was just not my colour, which I guess is really not the fault of the lipstick. It wasn't as bright of a red as I was expecting it to be. I went on nice and smooth but I couldn't see how it would have lasted me an evening or entire day, there would have had to be a lot or reapplying!
Heard decent reviews about this product from a variety of sources, and everyone knows how much I love my red lipsticks, so I thought I would give this a shot. For one of the most 'red' colours that CoverGirl is now offering with their new lipstick line, I can't say I'm overly impressed.
A high pigment and soft lipstick, as advertised, with the longwear I already know that CoverGirl is capable of in their lipsticks
The lipstick itself felt more like a balm that anything. The pigment was a few shades too pink to be called a 'cherry', and since it had the consistency of a balm, the pigment was widely spread when applied. This product didn't stay through my morning coffee either.
WHAT IT COULD BE AMAZING FOR
- If you want a splash of colour that lasts longer than a lippie marketed as a 'balm'
- beware of the colour mismatches, make sure you try the testers to find one that really works for you and your previous lip shade
- I really want to purchase one in a nude pink/rose colour for my everyday wear, since it doesn't seem to bleed at all, this wouldn't be a problem
When i go red, I go RED.
In the picture with my swatches:
- no lip primers were used
- the first, lighter swatch was me sweeping it across my arm ONCE
- the second, darker swatch was me enhancing the colour by running the stick over it THREE times
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.