Good

1 review
Ranked #312 out of 391 in Makeup

April 01, 2011

Stylus and Compressor
At a glance the Dinairs stylus looks much like the Luminess stylus.. The distinct differences are very small and are mostly cosmetic. One thing I did notice is that the Luminess stylus has line marks so you can easily judge how far back you’re pulling the lever. Don’t be worried.. Dinair has its own set of training wheels via their practice rings which slide up the stylus to block you from pulling the level too far (giving you more control when you start out). I do prefer the practice rings over the lines, you don’t really have to take them off as you become more familiar.. and its nicer than having to recheck which notch you’re resting at constantly (the Luminess stylus leaves more room for error and bad habits). Both styluses are lightweight, though I find the Dinair much lighter for some reason..

Over all I reeeally love the Dinair compressor, I’m learning fast how to adjust for different styles of makeup (raising and lowering the psi). Both compressors are small and travel well.. Dinairs compressor is much smaller than the Luminess and also has larger grips at its base which keeps it from sliding when in use. I did find the compressor louder than the Luminess’ low hum.. I’m not bothered by either machine, but I can see how in a professional setting, people might be put off as its harder to talk to your client over the noise. Another small flaw is that the Dinair does get rather warm (not hot) when in use for longer periods of time… compared to my Luminess I’d say they reach around the same temperature. A very fun feature that gives Dinair the edge is having the ability to customize your compressor, I chose Blue Ribbon coloring and its just gorgeous!!

Noob Tip – We all know that proper, regular maintenance can keep your machine running like new… be kind to the compressor and let it rest (turn it off or on the lower setting) if it feels too warm.. respect the equipment and it’ll respect you!