Duncan Hines Icing Reviews

Ranked #76 out of 181 in Baked Goods

August 28, 2016

I can honestly say i would rather put the extra work into making homemade icing over buying this, as soon as i taste it. it's just way to sugary of a flavour and feels like i put on 1000 pounds from one little taste of the icing

March 03, 2016

It's super quick when you are in a rush.
    I personally would rather use cool whip if it works with the dessert or make it from scratch.
    I find this icing super sweet and artificial tasting.

February 02, 2016

I agree with the other reviewers that making your own is best - but if you can't or super rushed on time, this isn't a bad choice. Some flavors are a bit better than others but it's fairly smooth and spreads well.

February 02, 2016

Yes this is more convenient than having to make your own.. But it tastes artifical & gross.. Which is why I ALWAYS make mine from scratch.

February 02, 2016

Used this for quick icing bad choice wsy too sweet and taste to artificial.

February 02, 2016

Sometimes I'm all for a quick icing, but this stuff is gross. It's really gritty from all the sugar that in it. And you can really taste the artificial flavour. I rather make my own.

January 09, 2016

I sometimes do it the lazy way when baking and buy these containers of icing. I dump it in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer and it makes the icing thinner and almost doubles it. I do find the icing a bit sweet but it's still good and my kids never complain. There's many different flavors and they are all good.

December 15, 2015

Way too sweet. Really artificial taste. Strange, thick texture.

December 10, 2015

Way too sweet. The texture is weird and it taste like fake vanilla

December 10, 2015

I'm used to making my own icing for cakes and cupcakes but decided to try the ready made Duncan Hines Icing just for the fun of it. I found it too sweet for my liking but it did manage to spread easily. I guess if you're in a pinch, this is a good alternative, but I won't be buying it on a regular basis. I also noticed that the icing hardened quickly instead of remaining moist, I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or if this is common with such a product.