Gyro Bowl Reviews

Ranked #126 out of 126 in Baby Food

Gyro Bowl Reviews:
Awful product that makes a huge mess!

September 15, 2015

I find this works sometimes. I have 3 of them because I got them as gifts. They are great for the little ones if they are not running around. If they sit and use them it does prevent stuff from spilling as they tilt the bowl. They are also a little annoying to wash.

September 15, 2015

Anyone whos purchased this bowl has advised me not to buy it!Just looking at it,you can tell its a piece of junk! Just give the kids a regular bowl & day by day they'll get used to it. Don't waste your money!

May 06, 2015

My friend bought this for her young son. It doesn't work as smoothly as shown in commercials or advertisements. It kind of gets stuck, and doesn't move as fast as a kids hands do.. so be prepared for your food to still go everywhere!

May 06, 2015

This product is a disaster. I bought it at Wal-Mart for our grandson cause he's all the time spilling his snacks. In less than 10 minutes, it was all coming out everywhere. I took it back for a refund. A scam of a product.

May 04, 2015

this is horrible. in the advertisement it said that it ws virtually unbreakable but it managed to break as soon as i opened it. BAD

October 26, 2014

This is an average bowl. It does not do what it's supposed to do which is to not spill. My daughter figured out very quickly that she just had to move it around quickly and everything will come out. I received this bowl as a gift so I can't really say much about the price, but I wouldn't buy one myself. It's just like any other bowl.

August 22, 2014

This doesn't work. Don't waste your money

September 26, 2013

This is The Gyro Bowl, which I'm sure some of you have seen on TV and some may not have. I didn't, but when I saw the boxes at Walmart covering the entire end of one of their aisles, oh boy did I get super excited. I saw this colorful, eye catching box with a really cool "spill proof" bowl in it that would keep my children with snacks and me not worry about them dropping on the floor when they run around with a bowl.

So thrilled at the idea and the price tag under $9 I had to get one, I actually got two. One was for my toddler, 16 months old very active happy little girl and the second one was for my son who will be three in a month, also always on the go. I didn't have a treat to put in them right away but once we got home from getting "back to school stuff" at Walmart we had to go out again and I was so please to have these bowls and be to able to use them in my car. I mean, who doesn't want spill proof everything in the car when it comes to letting their little ones have snacks (which, by the way, we don't have often in the car. I'm one of those paranoid moms who constantly worry about how I would get off the road and someone out of the car quick enough if they were choking).

So, all packed up and ready to go, again. Cheerios loaded into the Gyro Bowls and one happy mommy....Until we started driving and my five year old daughter yells up to the front seat "MOM, they are spilling them all over the floor". Uggg, really?! I'm in shock, something that I thought was going to be a great investment turned out to be a dud. Not that I am really surprised, I mean how often do we see things and think "Now, that's too good to be true" yep, that's me. Always looking for the things that will help make my life easier and with four children having an easier life is sometimes difficult. I want the best things for my money and this was not one of them. $16 gone and a messy car. Nope not one of my better purchases.

I never saw the previews, if I had have I never would have purchased it. My realistic side would have taken over and I would have talked myself out of buying it. While I was looking for the image online I saw the commercial and they are turning it very slowly and never do they actually turn the unit upside down. Sideways, yes, they do show some children carrying it that way, but never upside down. The infomercial shows the person flipping the handle around the bowl but not actually moving the bowl. Not a good purchase, I was very disappointed in these bowls, as a bowl itself it works well enough to hold stuff if kept straight but as a "spill proof" bowl, no way.