When my favourite cat litter was discontinued I went on the hunt for a new one and came across ökocat litter. They make a few different types and while this one is not my favorite of them, it is still amazing. This litter is free from chemicals, dyes and other synthetic and is made from naturally fallen timber or unused lumber materials that would otherwise go to waste.
What I like:
- One box lasted me a month (I have two cats, so will last longer for one cat)
- Light weight, no more struggling to carry the litter home
- 100% biodegradable and is flushable
- Traps odors better than any other litter I've ever tried
- Very little tracking, this litter is made up of pellets so the few that make it out of the bathroom are easy to suck up with the vacuum or just pickup
What I don't like:
As the pellets are larger than most cat litters so it doesn't work with the litter scoop I have. I did find one with bigger holes but it still doesn't work totally great.
Conclusion: If the store doesn't have my favourite one, clumping wood, I would totally get it. This is probably also the best one if you have a long haired cat.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.