L'Oreal Paris Youth Code BB cream Reviews

Ranked #142 out of 183 in BB Creams

June 29, 2016

L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator in Light Tint is what I use as my basic daily foundation. I already have clear skin, so I do not need the full coverage of a heavy, thick liquid foundation. This product is essentially just a tinted lotion. I use it to smooth, brighten and protect my skin and then I soften with a light dusting of a loose powder foundation over top. It comes in a large bottle, 75 mL, so it tends to be more expensive than a small 30 mL bottle of foundation but for me it's worth it because this product lasts way longer! The formula isn't oily and goes on smoothly, just like a moisturizer. Highly recommend for women who do not need the full coverage of a conventional liquid foundation!

August 31, 2015

For about $20, this is a pretty good BB cream. I couldn't find this product at first because it was in the face wash/face cream section and not with the cosmetics. I was looking for an all in one lotion and skin perfector for everyday use that would make me look put together but not necessarily done up. A bb cream seemed like a logical choice. I decided on the L'oreal youth code because of the anti aging properties that seemed like an added bonus. I got the light colored cream and the tone seemed to oxidize well and match with my skin tone. The cream was quite thick and had that tacky sticky feeling common with SPF lotions. First impression was that I loved the illuminating finish it left in the skin. My skin looked dewy and bright. The coverage was pretty good. It hid my dark circles under the eyes and just gave an overall smooth and even color tone without filling pores or lines the way foundation does.
The coverage held up well throughout the day but I have to say it did make me look shiny and oily by the afternoon. I felt like I wanted to wash my face. I have combination skin so this happens to me with most face products by mid day. This product works beautifully for my skin in the winter when my skin tends to be drier and the dewy illuminated I finish is beautiful. However in the summer, it just makes me look oily so I need to wash my face and reapply in the afternoon which is probably a good thing since you need to top up your SPF by then anyway.

Minus points for the price. It was slightly expensive in my opinion. For a few dollars more I could have got a sephora brand. Also minus points for the lack of oil control.

Major plus for the anti aging, illuminator, sunscreen, and even complexion I got. Also loved the fact that it kind of acts like a foundation but with the easy application of lotion. I would probably get this product again and do recommend you try it. .

June 11, 2015

Perfect match to my skin, good for sensitive skin and its with sunblock. love it.

May 03, 2015

Works as well as any other BB Cream. Feels a little runny in my opinion, but stays on great.

January 05, 2015

This is now my go-to product. Great coverage, the smell (I get migraines/headaches easily) is great and not over powering and its super easy to apply. My only wish is that they come out with a fair option. In the winter months I have to add a touch of regular moisturizer to dull the colour down as I am very fair, almost transparent by February. I say if you want to have use something that will cover all the bases in a quick apply buy this! P.S. I find I don't even need to use concealer around my nose when I use this and I always have to do that with other BB creams and foundations.

November 28, 2014

I personally found this to be too heavy for my skin, feeling like a foundation. The colour matched my skin exactly but I wanted it to have a slight whitening effect like how traditional BB creams. After wearing it for a few hours, it just felt too thick and heavy on my face. I do have oily skin though however, so this may be more moisturizing feeling for someone with dry skin as opposed to feeling too thick and heavy. Overall I just found that I have better BB cushions and BB creams! The price is decent though

November 21, 2014

This is a great product. Once I started using it, I could not go to another brand. It is reasonably priced, has SPF, and gives your face a smooth, even palette to add blush. It is not heavy on your skin and is an all around great product.

September 12, 2014

Great Product. Gives an even skin look very moisturizing and gives dull skin that little glow. You can use by itself or under your regular make up for a more dramatic look.

August 10, 2014

I did not like this product. First off, I know that it is a BB cream so the choices are only light, medium and dark but normally the colors match quite a bit of skin tones with those 3 colors. This product does not work unless your skin perfectly fits the color of the cream. Another thing is that when you apply it, it moisturizes and creates a nice finish but it makes your face look really greasy. It does not provide a lot of coverage which is fine for a BB cream but its coverage is too light. It creates a little tint of color and the rest is like a moisturizer. It does not cover any little blemishes or even some redness like around the nose. You need to pile on concealer and mattifying powder to look presentable wearing this BB cream.

June 15, 2014

One word, I love it! (or rather three: D) Honestly I have adopted and I do not think changing any time soon

Updated On: June 15, 2014

I must also admit that my skin tone is very pale and before this BB cream , I'd never find a foundation match my skin color and make natural!

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
The unwanted

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic

ChooChooLi added a new review for
dove body soap

salaslm added a new review for
Ergo Baby Carrier