MAC Cosmetics Blot Pressed Powder Reviews

Ranked #276 out of 333 in Powder

This unique pressed powder is designed to provide shine control without adding any noticeable colour or texture. For use in professional situations for frequent touch-ups. Blot Powder contains Mica and Silica to adsorb excess oils and reduce shine on the skin\'s surface. Blot Powder can be applied with the puff that comes in the compact or with a powder brush like #129 Powder/Blush Brush. Perfect for touching up Studio fix Powder Plus Foundation throughout the day.

March 19, 2015

I love that it absorbs oil and controls shine without adding texture or colour. It works well without having to reapply frequently throughout the day. In warm weather it helps keep my oily skin looking naturally matte without a cakey finish.

November 23, 2014

Great as a finishing powder, very light and natural looking. Again great colors

November 21, 2014

LOVE this! Very natural looking. The color is perfect for my skin and you can't even tell I'm wearing it. I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin so I use only moisturizer which tends to look too shiney - but with this on top of the moisturizer, it's all I need.

November 15, 2014

This product is a little more expensive than most pressed powders but is definitely worth every penny, in my opinion. A little goes a long way so you definitely get your moneys worth by how long it lasts. It's also perfect if you tend to have oilier skin and want to get rid of that excess shine for the day.

April 15, 2014

this is a great product for a quick blot. I hate blotting papers and this is a simple touch-up. Was at a photo shoot and we used this product after being under lights for a while. Comes in a nice compact that easily slips into your bag or pocket.

October 26, 2013

This blot pressed powder goes really good with the Studio Fix foundation and it works wonders at eliminating all the oil on my face. I really love this product although it is a bit expensive, I would say it is worth every penny as it lasts me a long time. Although a bit pricey, I really love MAC products!

December 10, 2012

I'm really impressed with this powder! It holds up to its claims. It has a very light feel, and it leaves a very smooth, soft, matte finish on your skin. You can use it to set your makeup, but I really love it for touching up during the day. It's great at controlling oil and absorbing excess shine. Love it!

April 30, 2012

I am currently using the shade "Dark" and I am an NW35 for reference.

I am also on my second one in 2 years! Yep, they last that long haha.

Normally, I would use this to set my foundation (MAC studiofix which has a satin finish; I prefer a matte look) as I have oily skin as well as touching up throughout the day at school.

What I absolutely LOVE is that it barely deposits color if at all! That means it does not matter if you get your perfect shade or not. Ergo, it is foolproof!

Also, it get rid of any trace of shine. As in the picture, every powder comes with a mirror as well as a pad (not pictured) I prefer to use a 129 SH (short handle). It's perfectly sized to carry in a clutch and I would not be caught without it in my arsenal.

It's twenty-something dollars which even for me is totally expensive but I go through one every YEAR and it's such a great quality product.

I would repurchase over and over again until I die! :D

Updated On: April 30, 2012

**Note: I was not paid for this review. I paid for this item with my own money.**

June 17, 2009

MAC's blotting powder is great for girls with oily skin. It's a must have for me, and I always have it in my purse. It feels weird to use a blotting sheet in public, so I use MAC's blotting powder instead. It goes on transparent and absorbs the excess oil. Since it's transparent, my face doesn't get cakey no matter how much blotting powder I put on. It keeps my face oil free for 3-5 hours depending on the temperature around me.

April 09, 2009

The powder comes on really lightly so you can control the amount that you want to put on. I usually dab very lightly for everyday coverage and more for special events. It comes on smoothly and blends really well giving a more fine and even look. Just love it! For some reason, I can't upload a picture of it but if you search under "MAC pressed powder" you will see it