NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Reviews

Ranked #65 out of 113 in Lip Liner

The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-size crayon design. Instantly coats lips with rich pigment, imparting a velvet matte finish for seamless color. The long lasting yet non-drying formula is enriched with special emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, velvety color for hours.

March 12, 2017

Okay this lip liner is the only one that I have used that doesn't look trashy on me, lol. It doesn't smudge and it lasts a long time as well. My only problem is that the pencil is too fat to sharpen.

June 29, 2016

This lip pencil not only can be used as a lip liner, but it definitely works well as a matte lipstick on it's own. You can hardly tell the difference. Goes on very smooth and leaves a nice feel on the lips. Worth having in your makeup collection for those days were you want something lightweight. My shade is "Walkyrie" and it can be found at Sephora.

April 04, 2016

This line has gorgeous colours. I have Cruella and it's a bright deep red. The colour stays on all day and it doesn't seem to bleed or rub off. It's easy application and goes on smooth.

February 17, 2016

Nice range of colours and easy to apply. The texture is a bit too creamy for my personal taste (smudges easily), but is definitely one of my favs. Just wish the price was better.

February 10, 2016

I got the sample of this in "Cruella" for my birthday from sephora, and it's a good quality product from a high-end brand. it has good staying power, and it's a good universally flattering neutral red, not too purple or orangey. I'm not sure I'd buy the full version, simply because every makeup brand ever has a red lipstick and I'm sure you could find an almost-identical colour for less money than a NARS product.

January 13, 2016

I got the little pencil sampler as my birthday gift from Sephora in 2015 and I am in love with Cruella. As a redhead trying to find the perfect colour red is really hard, and this one earns me more compliments about it being the perfect colour for me than any other! I also love the formula - it goes on smoothly and then dries to a kissproof matte. I'm not crazy about having to spend $32 on a lip pencil, but I love this one so I will!

January 04, 2016

This product goes on smooth and dry! It takes around 15 - 20 mins to set, and then leaves no transfer, what so ever!
    The colour and pigmentation are spectacular. My number one favorite is Dragon girl. I do also love dolce vita and cruel. I love that it works both as a lip liner and as a lip stick. The best part is that it drys matte and does not dry out my lips at all.

December 24, 2015

Kind of high in price and is not 100% matte but has a variety of nice colours and covers/stays pretty well. Better than most matte lipsticks/pencils that I've tried.

December 07, 2015

Deep, long lasting colour that suits a lot of complexions. The lipstick moisturizes and can last for hours without fading.

December 07, 2015

This lip pencil/stick goes on very creamy and is really pigmented. I'm impressed with how long it lasted too! I was able to eat and drink with it on and it still looked amazing afterwards. Another bonus is that it didn't leave my lips feeling dried out, which is what usually happens when I wear matte or long lasting formulas. This is pricier than most lip products but worth the splurge!