NIVEA Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care Reviews

Ranked #485 out of 1147 in Facial Lotions & Creams

January 05, 2017

I like the product overall but find the fragrance a little strong. It does have a mattifying effect, but disappointed on it's ability to moisturizer effectively. Not my first choice in this department.

September 24, 2016

I have acne prone, oily, sensitive skin and this is my go to moisturizer! It's light enough that it doesn't make me more oily but creamy enough that it keeps my face hydrated. It's my go to moisturizer!

June 03, 2016

I have the jar based cream and I found this is one of the best day creams, it's so light weight and absorbs right into the skin without leaving shinny and leaves a matte finish. I use this right after toner, I use it after both nivea cleaners and toners that I have. I actually prefer this cream over the nourishing effect day cream. Also like that it has SPF 15 for the jar based version.

December 08, 2015

I love this moisturizer under my makeup! Helps keep my face matte and fresh throughout the day under foundation.

August 05, 2014

I'm currently using this face cream and I like it, you really can't beat the price.

August 05, 2014

I have been using Nivea products for well over 15 years and this one I love since it is great for my skin type. Any other cream I have tried left me with loads of pimple but as soon as I go back to Nivea my skin comes right back to normal.

June 19, 2014

I really do love Nivea! Wonderful product at a wonderful price :)

May 20, 2014

a great produce for matified your face

May 20, 2014

This product leaves your skin with a feeling of being well moisturized. However, the mattifying effect of this cream doesn't last all day (for the combination of oily and dry skin).

December 09, 2013

I have been on the look out for a mattifying moisturizer since my skin seems to be oily all year round. I have tried the Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat Ultra-Mattifying Oil-Free Lotion but I did not find it to be effective specially for the price you pay for the product.

I decided to try this product since it was inexpensive ($6 on sale and I also had a coupon for it) and it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Firstly, I tried it over my regular moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) and found it to work immediately. My skin was not oily and it definitely has a mattifying effect without drying out my skin.

I also tried it on its own without any other moisturizer and found it to be even more effective but it did have a drying effect around my nose area. I have found that my make-up stays on longer after applying this moisturizer specially on my forehead where it tends to get oily the most.

It doesn't have a strong scent and it did not break me out. The consistency is very light and applies evenly - there isn't the sticky feel of a regular moisturizers and the powdery feel of other oil-free moisturizers. This should be used solely by those with oily skin since it might be too drying for those with normal skin.

Verdict: I would buy this product again. It's a great price and works effectively for my oily skin.