NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream Reviews

Ranked #8 out of 1081 in Lipstick

February 06, 2017

I have these lippies in several shades. I love the consistency (and the lovely smell is a nice bonus); I find it so easy to apply as it goes on smoothly but it's not extremely wet so you don't have to be as attentive as you need to be with some other liquid lipsticks. It doesn't have extreme staying power if you're eating and it definitely transfers if you're drinking but it'll stay on fairly well if you're not doing much of either. I haven't had any issues with drying either, though this probably has something to do with the staying power. For the price they're really nice in my opinion, especially if you want to test out a particular shade before maybe purchasing something similar at a higher price bracket (but honestly it's still a great product in and of itself.

February 02, 2017

LOVE these lip creams! I have them in a bunch of different shades and wear them every day! I find, especially the darker shades, stay on all day! I will add more just to freshen up but I really don't need to and it still looks nice. I love the matte effect they leave. They are really chic and its clear you are wearing make up, but they don't look un natural and overpower your face! definitely a must have in my make up bag!

January 23, 2017

Nyx matte lip creams are a very nice alternative to those drying liquid lipsticks.
    They have a large range of beautiful shades and the formula is so creamy and comfortable on the lips.
    I do find that even though the pigments are strong they do not last long on the lips and need reapplying through the day.

January 16, 2017

I love NYx brand. I discovered the lipsticks a couple months ago and am in love. The one thing I've noticed is they sometimes irritate my lips.. But I still wear it because I love the colour. Purchase this all the time at shoppers drug mart.

January 10, 2017

I like the Nyx Cosmetics soft Matte lip cream as it is not drying on the lips and the colour is very vibrant. However I find the darker colours are a little streaky and not as consistent with the lighter colours.

December 19, 2016

I got a bunch of the travel size when I purchased the advent calender. I must say some are not the same colour as the tube when you open it. Although I do enjoy the creamy texture! Some that are white based are interesting shades and you may want to test first!

October 12, 2016

So this is probably my favourite matte lipstick, hands down.

I've tried Kylie, I've tried Katy's demi matte, and I've tried a few cheapies and NYX liquid suede, and so far NYX Soft Matte Cream is my favourite.

Pros:
    - It is vibrant and I feel like every shade looks good on me.
    - After about 5 minutes of drying, I have minimal lift when eating or drinking. Finally a lipstick that I don't end up eating.
    - It doesn't dry out my lips at all. It doesn't flake and it doesn't leave a weird gunky feeling at the corner of my mouth. It also doesn't make my lips stick together and get all clumpy after re-applying.
    - Not only does it not dry out my lips, it feels like it's actually moisturizing my lips.

Cons:
    - I have to put two coats on to get my lips to look like the true shade in the bottle.
    - Because of that ^^ I have to buy it more often.

All in all, my favourite matte.

October 09, 2016

J'adore cette crème à lèvres douce et matte. Les couleurs sont sublimes. Moi je porte la couleur San Paulo. Je trouve que c'est parfait pour faire le changement de saison.

October 06, 2016

I love the colour but the fact that I have to keep reapplying makes me us up the product more faster.
    THe price is great but I wished even though its a matter product it should last longer

October 04, 2016

Really love Nyx soft matte lip cream, the colour is so bright and I've gotten tons of compliments while wearing it!! I just wish I didn't need to apply so much.