Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash Reviews

Ranked #304 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

October 03, 2016

I bought this cleanser because it's rated highly everywhere, but I hated it! First, it left my face feeling way too clean. When I say clean I mean dry, tight, and like it completely stripped my skin of all of my natural oils. Way too harsh for my sensitive skin! To top it all off I had a terrible allergic reaction to it, and my skin was covered in burning red bumps for a week. I wanted to love this but it's a heck no for me.

July 02, 2016

This is a really great face wash! A little goes a long way as it lathers up super well. I have an oily tzone and dry skin everywhere else on my face so I find that it's extremely hard to find a face wash that works well for both of my skin concerns. This is such a nice cleanser though! It left my skin soft and smooth and didn't dry out my cheeks or forehead, but also mattified my nose a bit. It's a bit pricey compared to drugstore cleansers and scrubs, but pretty cheap for something you'd find at Sephora, so I don't mind. It's also a big bottle, and you only need a little bit so it lasts a long time. The one con of this would have to be its scent. The first time I used it I was sooo turned off by it. I've since gotten more used to it, and ignore it as much as I can. I'd rate it a 8/10.

March 27, 2016

I think this is my favourite moisturizer I have used! It lathers so nicely, smells great and leaves your face feeling so clean! I use it with my clarisonic and it works great. Right now I am trying purity by philosophy but I don't like it as much! I will definitely be purchasing this!

January 21, 2016

A larger pea size is all you need. Amazing feeling face wash. Gentle and creamy. I really enjoy it

January 05, 2016

Loved how fresh and clean it left my face feeling.

October 16, 2015

I tried really hard to like this product. I have normal skin and it can take a lot of abuse but this one just dried my skin out. My skin was instantly rough and tight. It had a rubber-like feel to it.
It did do a decent job removing most makeup but non-waterproof mascara stayed on.

I would not recommend.

June 08, 2015

Just finished my first small size of this product and I quite like it. I've been using it every morning and so far so good.

Pros:
- gentle
- does not dry out skin
- leaves skin feeling soft and not tight
- love the way it froths
- a little goes a long way
- relatively cheap

Cons:
- nothing at the moment

This product works - but doesn't blow my mind away. It's nice to have in my collection of cleansers though!

March 13, 2015

OK - so this doesn't live up to being "frothy" but the scent is fabulous and I love how clean my skin feels after using this. I received a deluxe sample box full of Origins products with this in it - and I think I would absolutely purchase the full size.

March 02, 2015

I don't really feel like this product does anything for my skin. I could do without it. Although I did like that the product was more like a cream.

March 02, 2015

I received a deluxe sample size of this product in the Great Cleanse pack from Sephora. I'm not sure if I like this product yet. It doesn't froth no matter if I massage with my hands or even my Boscia sponge. It also has a weird smell, it's not unpleasant but it is very herbally.