Origins Modern Friction Reviews

Ranked #865 out of 1022 in Facial Cleansers

Origins Modern Friction Natures Gentle Dermabrasion Makeup for Unisex, 4 Ounce

March 04, 2017

I received a sample at the origins counter and instantly fell in love! The smell is absolutely addicting and the results are out of this world! A small amount goes a long way, I get about a 6 mo supply for $20

March 28, 2016

I received a deluxe sample of this with a purchase and I really wasn't a fan. This BURNED my eyes so bad if it got anywhere near them which was really disappointing and painful. As an exfoliator it works good but I had to be so careful when using...not worth it for me personally.

March 07, 2016

Really liked this as a facial scrub - I usually apply a makeup cleanser first before using this, and I find that this really cleans the residual make up still left. The beads are nice and gentle and my skin doesn't feel too tight / overcleansed afterwards.

February 05, 2016

A very gentle exfoliator, the beads aren't hard at all, they are more squishy so it won't irritate your face. I love the silky and creamy texture this exfoliator has when using it on my face, the texture of my skin is exactly how the product feels after using. Very gentle on my face while doing it's job!

January 03, 2016

I'm not a fan of this wash, that is not if you're looking to actually exfoliate anything, which you if got this product you're probably planning on it. As a face wash, sure it's good. There's nothing special about it, light scent, pretty good liquid texture, not to thick, but the 'scrubbies” are terrible and useless. They aren't enough of them and for me to complain about about it says something. I generally exfoliate my face once a week, only because I feel like I should and not because I need to. I don't have dry patches or anything that I'm trying to scrub off and if you did, it wouldn't ever occur using this product.

August 03, 2015

This is my lest favorite Origins product that I have tried. I find it a bit harsh for my skin and ended up using it on my body instead of my face. It also doesn't have a great scent. I have a smaller sample to use up, but have no plans in buying the full size.

April 10, 2015

Great defoliator from Origins. Has very light almost citrusy scent to it. Very easy to use, you need only little of product to make it work. After use skin feels amazing- soft, smooth and glowing.

February 20, 2014

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion is a MUST-HAVE! This exfoliator is amazing because it's really get rid of all the uneven patches and leaves my skin looking smooth and luminous.

February 22, 2010

I always get upsold when I go to Origins, which is super annoying, BUT this time I walked out with Modern Friction and it's GREAT. It's a very gentle exfoliator. (So gentle that a woman who was in the Origins with me was telling the sales lady she needs something that actually exfoliates!) It does work though. After use I notice that my skin is brighter and softer. And more importantly, the last time I used it my boyfriend even commented on how glowing my skin is!

November 22, 2008

I was skeptical at first. I'm more of a "the less steps, the better" kind of gal when it comes to skin care. But, I'm really glad I took a chance on this product. Modern Friction is a scrub that gets rid of sluggish skin cells by using rice starch. You rub it on dry skin and wash it off with a warm washcloth, twice a week. It took a few times before I noticed the difference. My skin is clearer and feels a lot softer. I also love the smell; it has bergamot and peppermint. This stuff's pricey, but I find it's worth the money.