Good

Penny Lane Organics Deodorant Reviews

Ranked #201 out of 414 in Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

July 01, 2016

Love it! The Pink Grapefruit is my absolute favorite, but also loved the Tea Tree/ Lemon. I thought it was a little pricey on first look, but when I got the deodorant, I realized that they actually FILL the WHOLE container. Compared to the average deodorant sold in this size container, this one literally has TWICE as much product! Which is ridiculous when you think about, why do these other companies use such large containers if they will only fill them half way? Well this one is PACKED to the brim! Less waste, more product. Smells great, works great - just follow the instructions. There are no binders or fillers, my Pink Grapefruit deodorant stick is made with only FOUR ingredients, so it will crumble if you don't follow the instructions.

October 30, 2014

Penny Lane Organics ALL NATURAL deodorants are winner! This product actually works. I have been trying for years to find something that works at all natural, not natural and even going to try a medicated deodorant and thank goodness I found this before I went that route. The lemons and lime smells incredible but unfortunately gave me and my daughter a reaction, all the other scents have been fine. The rose deodorant is elegant and such a beautiful smell, this is by far my favourite scent. It would be great to see more options for the males. I love the free shipping if purchase is above $50. It would be nice to get a discount coupon for continued patronage and referrals!

July 07, 2014

Looooove Penny Lane Rose deodorant because it has such a sensual scent. I also have their unscented one which I use when I want to wear a specific perfume and don't want different scents to "collide". Great price for such a wonderful product and fast shipping (and FREE). They even wrapped it in a white wrapping paper which I really liked.

June 30, 2014

I found this rose scented deodorant at our local store (company was demoing it) and I couldn't believe the scent. It has rich rose scent but it's still very light and fresh and it's the most feminine scented deodorant I ever tried. Lady that was demoing it said it will last a year so it's obviously worth every penny. She showed me how to use it because it doesn't have stuff that other deodorants do (fillers?) and if not used correctly it could start to crumble. So far I have no complaints of any kind. I've been using it for 3 days and I absolutely love it.

June 19, 2014

My all time favourite! Works absolutely amazing. It's the only natural deodorant that works for me, and I tried gazillion of them and wasted tons of money on deodorants that didn't work. It was tricky at first though until my friend showed me how to use it (I admit I didn't read the instructions heh). The key is to push it up just over the edge of the container or it can break. I was told it's because there is no binder to hold it together and becuase it's 100% natural. Now this is VERY IMPORTANT to me since I have a family history of breast cancer and I don't want to use any deodorant that has chemicals in it. My girls are getting to the point where they are starting to need it too (specially with this warm muggy weather we've been having) and I feel good about sharing my deodorant with them. I wouldn't let them use anything else. I used it even after the jogging by applying it right over my sweaty armpits and man does it ever make me feel good and smell good! I've been telling everyone at work and all my friends about it. I think that lady that hated it didn't read the instructions. I say that because I know I didn't either since we all "know" how to use a deodorant :-)

June 02, 2014

Absolutely love this deodorant. It's all natural so I don't have to worry about chemicals in my body or aluminum, etc. It smells like freshly cut pink grapefruit - perfect for hot summer days. It never failed me. I've done HOT YOGA and after the class my armpits still smelled clean and fresh. At first sight the price seemed to be a bit on a high end especially for my student budget but when the sales lady at the Big Carrot told me it's twice the weight of other deodorants in the same container and that it will last 2-3 times longer than other deodorants on the shelf then I realized it's a bargain actually. My boyfriend loves their Pine deodorant and my mom uses unscented and we're all very happy with it. I must mention that it took us few days to get used to it because it can crumble if it's not used correctly. Lady at The Big Carrot showed me how to use it and I never had any issues with it. I like using it slightly wet and that I was told also prevents it from drying out and crumbling. Strongly recommended to everyone. Also Canadian product for those who care.

1.5/5

May 31, 2014

This review is for the Penny Lane Organics 100% Natural Deodorant (Made in Canada).
Ladies and gents- I really wanted to love this deodorant, I truly did. But after less than 3 weeks of testing and no product left in my tube, I am left with no option but to return to my one true love deodorant, Lavanilla.

I have tested over 15 natural deodorants in the past year and a half, Penny Lane Organics being my most recent. I was pleasantly surprised when I ran into this product because I have never heard of the brand before. My sister and I decided to try it out to see if it would be a long term safe and natural option for deodorant.

The product was good for the first few days until I would swipe the deodorant and large chunks would fall off on my carpet and clothing. You can imagine how shocked I was to have to change my clothing for work due to the messiness of this Penny Lane deodorant. Nevertheless, I continued to use it for the past three weeks leaving mess after mess on my clothing and carpet. Please bear in mind that I followed the instructions carefully which state, “push the deodorant up just enough for a single application” and “wet deodorant before use if it feels dry.” I did all of the above in addition to storing the deodorant in a cool place. MORE CHUNKS APPEARED. The deodorant lasted just shy of 3 weeks and this doesn’t include the weekends when I give my armpits a breather and go product-free. Therefore the deodorant lasted a total of 15 days.

I decided to give the product the benefit of the doubt and opted to contact Penny Lane directly to voice my concerns, as my sister had the same disappointing experience with the same brand of deodorant. I requested that they send a replacement, due to the product loss. Penny Lane informed me that because the product contains no binders and fillers that it was quite normal to have an experience like mine. In response to my request to provide a replacement product Penny Lane responded in an email with “Unfortunately we can’t replace the product we didn’t ship” and suggested that I take it back to the retailer. They expected me to take up the concern of my now EMPTY tube of deodorant with a sales associate, rather than providing ultimate customer service, honoring my experience and standing by their product. They added an additional side note of “if you decide to order directly from us at some point in the future, we could send you a replacement as a courtesy.” Clearly they didn’t realize that they had already lost a customer at that point.

With all of that being said, please do yourself a favour and don’t waste your precious hard earned dollars on a Penny Lane product that will end up under your feet. Instead opt for a much better alternative, “Lavanilla.” Lavanilla is also 100% natural, coconut based, vegan, aluminum, zinc and chemical free. It also goes on so smoothly and lasts up to 3 months with one tube. This was my lesson not to deviate from products that actually work.

Thanks for reading!

Updated On: June 24, 2014

Feedback From the Creator Bo Penny (Penny Lane Organics) Via Email when I requested a replacement:

"Thanks for your "honest" review. You still haven't replied to my question - where did you buy it (for the third time ). Is there a reason for that? It would be nice to know what city or country you're in. Its hard to believe that deodorant lasted only 3 weeks when thousands of our customers tell us it lasts them over a year. I'm using the same stick for 14 months now. If you followed the instructions you wouldn't have lost any product. Why is there an expectation that a small company has to send a free product and pay for shipping without any proof of purchase, or otherwise the company with great customer service reputation is trashed in a vindictive blog post.

Best regards.