Shu Uemura Petal Lash Mascara Reviews

1 review
Ranked #443 out of 765 in Mascara

September 04, 2014

I wish the pictures did this mascara more justice because my lashes still look pretty sparse.

Curl: I don’t curl my lashes so the rice bran wax complex was light enough to keep my lashes from drooping. My lashes stayed perky all day so I’m sure if you curl your lashes the curl will hold when using petal lash.

Length and Definition: The formula definitely separates and defines lashes, but I feel like my lashes look a bit sparse close-up. I got a little bit of extra length with 1 coat and if I do 2-3 coats I can achieve some fairly long lashes.

Volume: Volume was one thing that I felt was lacking. I applied slowly from root to tip and just wasn’t quite able to get the lift I wanted.

I really LOVE the wand and the scent of Sakura blossoms, but I feel like I would either have to pair this mascara with a more volumizing mascara or use this as a more casual mascara when I’m looking for defined lashes without too much “pomp”. I didn’t realize this when I first used it, but this mascara is also waterproof and doesn’t leave lashes feeling hard and crunchy. It seriously does not budge! I washed my face and nothing happened to my mascara at all! $29 is a lot to pay for a mascara that doesn’t check all the boxes so I can’t say if I would recommend this to everyone. If you have lashes already, the wand and formula will probably suit you better. I will admit that I have opted to use this mascara over others in my collection just based on how much more comfortable I feel with the wand!

Irememberu has posted in the forum topic
Social Nature

danayyc has posted in the forum topic
Pull Ups

70s girl earned the Beauty Guru badge

laurelkubecki added a new review for
McCain Potato Patties

linseydeschamps added a new review for
McCain Onion Rings