Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo

Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo Reviews

1 review
Ranked #302 out of 935 in Shampoo

August 03, 2015

I originally purchased Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo because some blogger said that this product worked wonders for her oily hair. Being the not-so-proud owner of a buildup-prone mane myself, I decided to give it a go. With a price tag of about $3, it was already cheaper than my usual shampoo (Tresemme). Mind you, this review is for the traditional wash-and-rinse shampoo, NOT the dry one.

In my case, this shampoo did absolutely nothing for my oily hair. It became just as greasy as if I'd washed it with any other shampoo. However, since this is not a product specifically for oily hair, I can't very well judge it on the basis of something it isn't supposed to target. So let's look at the smoothing aspect advertised on the bottle.

I can say with confidence that this shampoo does live up to its anti-frizz reputation. Despite my hair being straight as a board, it does get frizzy and flyaway pretty easily. But since I've begun using this particular product, my hair has been more tamed and smooth than ever before. I found that it gave my hair a little more lift and also made my hair feel smoother without feeling more oily (at least until it was due for another washing). As expected, I also experienced fewer tangles after washing with this shampoo. Personally, I found the scent to be quite nice as well.

Don't expect more from this product than you would any other shampoo when it comes to oily hair; it doesn't do anything special in that department. But the smoothing feature works beautifully, and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with unmanageable hair. I haven't tried the smoothing conditioner yet, but I do believe that I'll be switching from Tresemme to Suave's keratin hair products from now on.