Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner Reviews

Ranked #212 out of 225 in Toner

Thayer Witch Hazel AF Toner w/Aloe Vera Vitamin E, Rose Pental 12 oz

March 25, 2017

This is the first time I've tried a non-alcohol witch hazel toner. This toner is very gentle and leaves my skin so soft and refreshed. The bottle is so big (355 ml). The price is reasonable. The toner cleans my face very well and minimizes pores. After applying my face looks nice and shine and my skin looks healthy.

October 11, 2016

I have been using this product for about 4 months now and my skin has never been better. My pores are noticeably smaller and my skin is clearer. It's cooling and refreshing on the skin and is a great step in my daily beauty routine. I love that it isn't drying like most toners on the market.

February 23, 2016

This toner transformed my combination oily skin! This toner smells like freshly cut roses and feels as gentle as water. It's one of the most hydrating toners I've tried. Once this toner stung when I applied it, but that was the first time I used it and at that time period my moisture barrier was compromised. It hasn't stung me since.

It's a really gentle toner. It tones my skin but never felt drying or harsh. It never broke me out either.

This toner is slightly expensive but it comes in a big bottle which is nice. I hate the dispenser though, a lot of product spills out as soon as you tip it, so its easy to burn through a bottle too quickly. I fitted it with a spray nozzle and I'm much happier with it. It makes a great makeup setting spray (it helps take away the cakey look of my foundation) and is such a hydrating pick me up.

This toner shrunk my pores, hydrated my dry cheeks and balanced my oily nose. After finishing a bottle I noticed my skin is so much softer, so much more balanced, my pores have shrunk and my skin just feels healthier than before I started using this toner. I used it twice a day after cleansing and it was so hydrating I'd wear it without moisturizer as long as I wasn't going out in the sun.

I love this stuff and I can't wait to get my hands on another bottle.

January 22, 2016

This toner leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft. I love the subtle rose scent. It is also very reasonably priced.

April 28, 2015

This toner is so drying. Also it irritated my skin and made me break out in little bumps along my nose

April 28, 2015

Favorite toner for the past 2 years! It leaves my skin feeling soft and not tight like some cleansing toners do. For around $12, this is an extremely good deal. It comes in a pretty big bottle that can usually be found in organic super markets / health stores. The ingredients in this are all natural and it smells amazing. I use it every morning and night after washing my face.

January 17, 2015

I bought my toner at Whole foods for the sale price of about 11 Canadian dollars. The price at first threw me off as my previous toner was about 8 dollars but considering the amount of product you get (355 mL), it seemed like an okay price. The label claims to be organic and based off my research on the benefits of witch hazel and rose water for the skin, I was convinced to purchase this product. However, I must warn those who have sensitive skin to be wary when using this product since I've read reviews online that the new formula is known for irritating skin. Luckily, this was not the case for me :). The scent is very strong, and I was slightly upset when they added fragrance to the toner. The smell isn't too over powering, but it may be for some who are sensitive to floral scents. This toner really got my face clean when I used it. An added plus was that it really made your skin feel soft after use and didn't make your skin feel very dry, as most toners do. I thought this was a great feature and now my skin is happily soft and clean :)

November 21, 2014

I suffered major breakouts on one side of my face after having skin cancer removed and several plastic surgeries to make it look "normal" again. I tried EVERYTHING, and finally gave this stuff a shot. Within two weeks, my skin cleared up completely. I do find it makes my skin oily, but not dirty-looking oily, just a light glow. To me, it's worth it. And that smell... it's lovely! For the size of the bottle and the amount I paid for it, I will never use another toner again!

December 05, 2007

I never used toner before thinking it was an extra expense. But then I found Thayers Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner on sale at Henry's and gave it a try. Now I know why beauty magazines tell you to use toner because cleansers don't get all the dirt and grime off your skin!

For the quality, quantity and price you can't find a better deal. I've had the same bottle for almost four months and I use it daily in the morning and at night. The clogged pores I used to see on my nose are pretty much gone. The rose scent is very subtle and it is so refreshing after a long hot, sweaty day.