The DivaCup & DivaWash Reviews

Ranked #76 out of 210 in Feminine Hygiene

May 13, 2016

I purchased this because I use the diva cup and I find that this works very well at cleaning the cup and I love that it does not irritate at all, however I paid $15.00 for this on Amazon.ca and I think for the size of the bottle that this is way too expensive.

March 08, 2016

I finally ordered the diva cup after looking at various other cups and options. I wanted to save money on pads and tampons and wanted to feel a little better about the amount of waste that wasn't going into a landfill. It was definitely a learning curve in using it (though there are lots of really good instructions) but after the first few months I couldn't live without it. It holds more and better than tampons and there is no odour. It can stay in for up to 12 hours so I don't have to worry about changing it at work. Definitely by the diva wash to go with it. I didn't buy it to begin with but it was such a hastle to find an unscented soap it was just easier to buy the wash! The cup also comes with a cute little bag to store it in while not in use.

December 10, 2015

I love my Diva Cup and Diva Wash and cannot say enough good things about them!

The Diva Cup is one of the best investments that I have made this year. It is a medical grade silicone menstrual cup that is placed inside your vagina to collect menstrual fluids. They don't dry your body out because they collect fluids and not absorb all body fluids that they come in contact with like tampons do.

You only require one cup to use during your whole cycle. Not different ones for different times during your cycle.

It's really not nearly disgusting as it first sounds. Tampons and disposable pads are much more disgusting plus, they can cause health problems. No need to worry about pee soaked strings or strings peeking out of your swimsuit either because they don't have any! I love that I don't get anymore rashes or chaffing like I used to get with disposable pads. Something in those didn't agree with me and I don't miss that at all. I have also read that many women experience less cramping while using the Diva Cup.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with the Diva Cup. It is can be a bit tricky at first, learning how to take it out and correctly inserting it. The cup has little holes on it that help the cup to section in place. It will leak if it's not inserted correctly. Otherwise, it shouldn't leak unless the cup is full or wrong size. It is so comfortable that you might even forget that it's there. But, don't do that since they need to be emptied at least every 12 hours. Some women may need to empty it more often. It depends on your flow and where you are in your cycle. You will learn what works for you.

You will need to experiment with finding a fold that works for you. Just google it and you will find lots of videos showing different folds. The Diva Cup website is the first place that I would look because it is a wealth of information and I have experienced nothing put excellent customer service with this company.

I wear a reusable cloth menstrual Pantiliner as a pack up to my cup. Even though I really don't need it. Many women don't wear anything at all with it. I just feel a little better knowing that I have a back up in place. lol You never know if you can get to the bathroom on time or if you didn't put it in correctly. Better to be safe then sorry.

Wash your hands before you remove the cup. It is recommended that you wash your cup each time after you remove it with a gentle soap or you can buy the Diva Wash and use it. I use the Diva Wash because that it what the wash is created for and I want to prolong the life of my cup and I want to avoid using anything harsh on my body. The Diva Wash is concentrated and lasts a long time. I also boil my cup after my cycle has ended.

You just have to remember that having your period is a normal part of life and there may be times when you might get a little blood on your fingers. Just wash your hands with soap and water :) Easy, you are going to wash your hands after you use the bathroom anyway.

I carry wet ones when I'm out in about in public. I use them to wipe off my hands before I leave the stall. Easy. I just empty my cup in the toilette then wipe my cup out with toilette paper when I'm out in public. Go home and wash it like normal.

On the Diva Cup website they recommend replacing the cup each year but, I have read that many people continue using there's for many years. You just need to take good care of it. I'm only on my 5th month and it's a little stained but otherwise it's in like new condition.

I love that the Diva Cup comes in two different sizes and the cup comes with a pretty little drawstring pouch to store it in.

I'm a Diva Cup user for life now.

Better for my body ... better for the environment ... better for my wallet