Windows 10 Reviews

Ranked #171 out of 227 in Home Entertainment

0.5/5

November 22, 2016

You get what you pay for... This OS was given away for free by Microsoft. Generous offer, sure, but not even worth its free pricetag.
Once installed, it got me so excited, the beauty, ease and swift flow of the initial setup screens (before I even landed on the desktop for the first time). I thought it was going to be a great, user-friendly experience.
Then, I got to the desktop, the bubble burst. The computer froze. Patiently waiting ten minutes for it to "shit or get off the pot" as one would say. Well, stayed frozen so I held the power button til the laptop shut off, then I waited a full minute and pushed the power button again to turn the laptop back on.
Went into Safe Mode, while following troubleshooting steps online using my cell phone, I went through more than ten sites and forums trying EVERYTHING.
Clean Boot, Clean Install, Recovery, Uninstall Apps, Add a second Administrator, Add Local Account, Disabled Background Programs, Installed Updates, Device Management, Power Options, Graphics Drivers, Disk Management, Command Prompts, calling it names, cursing its makers - nothing works!
Still, everytime I rebooted into normal mode - the screen freezes within 90 seconds.
Microsoft should not have released this OS. They clearly didn't do any quality assurance tests and what's worse- they've known about this issue for more than a year! Yet, they still forced it upon us and is making it harder to run any other OS but Win10!
I don't recommend this "up"grade. Stay with whatever you have now. If it's Windows 10, my thoughts are with you.

October 25, 2016

I like Windows 10 so much more than Windows 7. I am also glad that Microsoft gave everyone a free upgrade from 7 to 10. I am guessing they did this because of how much they failed with 7.

I like that Windows 10 also automatically updates itself and comes with Windows Defender, it own firewall and protector, you can still buy McAffee or Norton, but it is not necessary anymore. So that save money as it is already included and set up on your computer.

There are upgrades to Office 365 and they have One Note and a Journal and Cortana which you can just talk to her and she will do what you say, like, make a grocery list, check flights to Vancouver, find my pictrues etc. Pretty cool.

There are so many things that I am still learning. I think this is the best Windows since Windows XP.

January 17, 2016

we have windows seven it works great we switched to windows ten twice now and it has to many glitches we switched back to windows seven

August 28, 2015

The windows it's self runs alright and it's pretty smooth and better than 8. Only issue we had is that there was an error twice for reboot. If it gets a patch to fix it properly because you may run into this error once than I'll say it's one of the best windows out there. My husband received a free download, this is his second or third time getting a copy of windows, he's a had other free windows copies.

August 28, 2015

I just installed #Windows10 two days ago because they were offering a free download so I thought I would try it. I am not sure what I think yet have not had it long enough. so far it seems to be not much different, easy to use, just as fast loading and has a few different functions. Will do a update later when I have used it for a couple of weeks.

August 28, 2015

Great new program, easy to use!

August 28, 2015

I had windows 10 on my computer but,I had to have it taken off almost the same day I got it.Windows 10 is great for someone who is computer savvy or spend a lot of time on their computers,maybe even run a business from home or have a lot of contacts to deal with.I found that with windows 10 ,there were a lot of glitches to be fixed first and I feel it was put out there too soon.I think in about two years maybe ,I should be ready for it by then.Windows 10 is very fast especially when uploading anything,it is just fast in every way need be.I would recommend this but I also would recommend asking questions about what really to expect when you make the change ,so as to be sure Windows 10 is right for you.I gave it up because it was too confusing for me and maybe a little too advanced and fast.

July 30, 2015

I received the Windows 10 upgrade for my home computer, I absolutely love the layout of the new Operating system, it's beautiful the Color and the way everything is placed I'm obsessed with this new "OS". Love it.