• Benefit Cosmetics Galactic Shield Concealer

Benefit Cosmetics Galactic Shield Concealer Reviews

1 review
Ranked #438 out of 456 in Concealer

March 02, 2009

This is the most brilliant concealer I have ever tried. It is a must-have-can't-believe-I-ever-did-without product.

I got this while in New York, sporting zits on my chin as usual (I sit at the computer for hours with my chin resting on my hands. BAD idea), when a savvy woman at the Benefit counter in Bloomingdales waived me over for a complimentary make-over. She started with the bags and the zits. I was skeptical what this tiny and expensive pen could offer. She made small circles around each pimple, which made them look like bullseyes. Thanks! Then she softly blended it in to cover the blemishes, explaining that this product has salicylic acid, which works to heal while it conceals. It's waterproof and oil free, so it doesn't budge all day.

I didn't have much hope for this product since I've tried zillions of concealers and have yet to find one that really delivers and stays put. Never mind heals the zit too. This one truly does both. In about 24 hours a big zit is reduced to a tiny spot or gone entirely. I've even tried this on the large underground "mafia zits" that make a lot of trouble and pain before they come to the surface and it zapped them over night.

The pen is tiny at .28g but I will buy this over and over again for the results. It comes in one colour #2, which is designed to suit most skin tones.

Updated On: July 07, 2009

So sadly this item has been discontinued and is impossible to find anywhere. I even went into a bidding war on e-bay but dropped out when it exceeded $25 USD per pencil. It's really too bad because this product worked really well for me. If anyone launches anything similar please message me!

girlrudy earned the Beauty Expert badge