Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ Reviews

November 14, 2021
    California, United States

A sunscreen staple

Really good sunscreen. It's a Japanese sunscreen so you can feel safe using this. I use it on my face and body. I don't notice a scent but be aware it contains alcohol so when you apply it you can immediately smell the alcohol evaporating. With that said, I don't feel like it's drying. It's also clear so you don't have to worry about a white cast.

October 27, 2021

Delightful

This is my favorite sunscreen! It is pretty reasonably priced if you get it bulk on Amazon. The scent is very subtle. It feels moisturizing but fairly light on the skin. It provides a slight glow but only enough to make your skin look healthy - not greasy. After wearing a mask though, I recommend reapplying as the tip of my nose burnt 😆. If your skin is very oily it may be too moisturizing though - maybe don't buy in bulk if you haven't tested it.

June 11, 2021

Amazing sunscreen - would highly recommend

This sunscreen is such a breeze to use, its watery gel texture glides on and absorbs very easily into the skin and doesn't leave any white cast at all. I find the fragrance to be strong when first applied - to me it smells like citrusy and alcohol which is why I knocked off half a point.

I have combination-dry skin and I find that I do need to wear a light moisturizer underneath this sunscreen or some of my dry patches will show through. Overall though, I would definitely recommend this sunscreen and be repurchasing it myself as well.

June 07, 2021

Just wow!!

I got this beauty straight from Japan 🇯🇵 about a couple of weeks ago or so. It wasn’t exactly what I expected, yet I am IN LOVE with this product!! I’ve never tried a sunscreen like this before. It’s a watery gel texture, super soft, kinda like your regular gel moisturizer (for example Biotherm Aquasource Gel) but with an amazing 50 SPF!! I expected a slightly thicker, clear gel, but this works amazingly. Absorbs super quick, like a good essence; and doesn’t peel off with my moisturizer and foundation on top. My skin and I have been enjoying it a lot. For the price, quality, and size (I got the 50ml), I can’t give it any less than 4.9 stars ✨ Absolutely recommend!!

March 03, 2021

Holy grail for sun protection

My favourite sunscreen product of all times. It is extremely light in texture and absorbs quickly, does not leave any residue. Goes beautifully under makeup. Does not cause break-outs. I have gone through 5 bottles of this and can't do without it!

February 17, 2021
    Penang, Malaysia

Doesnt leave a white cast on skin

As the product says, the consistency is quite watery. Easily spreadable and does not leave a white cast after application, which is nice.
    Smells pretty fresh too.
    Works well on my combination skin, does not make it oily or dry. And feels light to the point where i question myself on whether i put on enough product? XD

However, it kinda under-performed from the price point, i would expect more value. I am undecided with BIORE UV AQUA RICH WATERY ESSENCE SUNSCREEN SPF50+.

It doesnt wow me but it isnt bad either.

November 28, 2020

Holy Grail!

This is a Holy Grail sunscreen of mine- it's perfect for people with skin of colour, absorbs beautifully as well! Normally sunscreens leave a white cast on my skin which I don't like, but I don't find that with this product.

June 20, 2020

Love this sunscreen

I really like this sunscreen because it provides great coverage and is very lightweight. It does not have a thick/heavy feeling that some sunscreens have and it does not leave a white cast. My only problem with this sunscreen is the addition of fragrance - I wish biore would make an unscented version

February 20, 2020

Great as primer base

I have oily acne prone skin, so most sunscreens make me more oily and or clog my pores. The texture of this is more on the watery side vs creamy which I really like. I find this works well as a primer too!

January 04, 2020

Good protection, but leaves me shiny

I heard many raving reviews about this sunscreen so I was very excited to try it. When I applied the recommended amount of sunscreen, I was disappointed that I looked very shiny. It was more than dewy and made me look sweaty and oily. I do have oily skin so the shine might not be as bad on someone with dry or normal skin. This sunscreen does have great protection against both UVA and UVB. It is fairly affordable for a Asian sunscreen. I purchased on Amazon for $12 and it lasted about a month and a half.