Breyer's Creamery Style Dark Chocolate Velvet Frozen Dessert Reviews

Rich dark chocolate ice cream, made with fresh cream and real cocoa

June 29, 2009

this has to be the most chocolateyist chocolate icecream i've ever tried. my God, i would definitely definitely recommend this to anyone who loves chocolate and wants to die in chocolate. i personally am not fond of chocolate, but if i were..i would totally indulge in this. my neighbour came over and tried it - she really liked the the chunks of chocolate! this is a summer must for chocolate lovers.

June 29, 2009

I like many absolutely love chocolate and this Ice cream flavour did not disappoint. It delivered a really natural chocolate taste, not too sweet like many other chocolate flavours by other brands -perhaps due to the fact that it was emulating dark chocolate and not milk chocolate? The texture was amazing, smooth and velvety just like the name implies - a definite favourite to satisfy my chocolate cravings.

June 29, 2009

This ice cream was delicious. Very very smooth and chocolaty. Very rich. Comparable to Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daaz - it's that good. Excellent for a chocolate craving!

Breyers rocks!

I love ice-cream but no so much of a chocolate flavoured fan, so I hosted a girl's night in and let's just say, I'm a huge lover of CHOCOLATE now. Double Churn Dark Chocolate Velvet is smooth, creamy and just a hint of sweetness which totally through my perception of dark chocolate = bitterness out the window. All of us loved how yummy this was and we even topped it with whipped cream and fruit. It definitely makes for a delicious dessert! The price is a bit high for what I typically pay for ice-cream, but I definitely recommend this indulgence!

June 28, 2009

I absolutely loved this! I was not expecting to love it so much as I am not usually a fan of dark chocolate. This was so wonderful though. So smooth and creamy, and not at all bitter. I was afraid that it might be too sweet or too bitter but it wasn't at all! It is absolutely delicious and a wonderful treat on these hot summer days! I highly recommend this!

June 27, 2009

Thank you thank you thank you to Chick advisor for letting me try this one out!!!!

I need to eat chocolate every day, and this was wayyyyy too good!

I'm pretty sure I am going to gain a few pounds because I can't put this container down. I actually just finished my second helping and am holding the urge to go to freezer again:)

When you open the lid, the chocolate is dark and looks incredibly rich and creamy. The taste is fantastic. Not overly sweet and just tastes and melts like rich, dark, high quality chocolate should. My kids ate this one up too, and asked for more - which is too bad because I was hoping to have this one all to myself!
    It's the kind of treat that you eat and then hide the rest so that nobody else will take any (or is that just me?).

I will absolutely buy it again!

June 27, 2009

Let me start by saying I've been a fan of Breyers Double Churned ice cream for a while now. My absolute favourite has to be the strawberry. So when given the chance to try this new line, I was really excited.

Of the three flavours that I got to try as part of the product review club, this one for me was definitely the clear winner. The extra creaminess that Breyers claims is really evident in this flavour. As someone has pointed out, this one is truly comparable to Haagen Daaz. I really enjoyed the dark chocolate flavour. To be honest, when I first realized I would be trying out this flavour, this wasn't the one I was looking forward to the most. I thought it would be like all other chocolate ice creams. This Dark Chocolate Velvet I find is unique and has definitely surpassed my expectations. Firstly you CAN taste the dark chocolate in it without it being too bitter. It is perfect in terms of sweetness and richness and I could go on and on about how creamy it is. I will certainly be going back to get another one soon!

June 26, 2009

I was very excited to be chosen as one of the reviewers for the 3 new Breyers ice cream flavours. The ice cream party kit was very well presented, with 3 small bowls and 3 spoons to share the wonderful goodness with friends.

Double Churn Dark Chocolate Velvet was the second flavour we tried. I was very impressed by the rich, creamy texture; it was more akin to Haagen Daas quality than I would have expected from a Breyers product. The chocolate was not too sweet, not too bitter...it was like rich dark chocolate with the barest hint of sweetness to tickle the palate. We all agreed that this is what chocolate ice cream should always be like.

The price is perhaps a little high, but I think it's worth it for the opportunity to enjoy this amazing ice cream!

June 24, 2009

I was quite surprised and impressed with the kit that I received for Breyers, I was not expecting such a well put together package with bowls and spoons! But yes, out of the three flavours I think I like the Dark Chocolate Velvet the best. I am usually not a fan of chocolate ice cream that comes in these big tubs because I find that most of the time, these ice creams never really taste like chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the first bite of this ice cream, it was actually rich and chocolately! It was comparable in chocolate taste to the more expensive brands such as Ben and Jerry's and Baskin Robbins. And while it it does have a rich chocolate taste, it's not that bitter in taste like when you eat a piece of dark chocolate. Will definitely recommend this flavour to my friends!

June 23, 2009

to start off my review, let me just say i absolutely LOVE ice cream in any occasion/season ! okay so on to my review. i was so thrilled that i was chosen to test the three flavors and even more excited when i received the beautiful package that came with the bowls and spoons. i have tried many different chocolate flavored ice cream and they all tasted basically the same.. GOOD ! and i didnt expect the Breyers Double Churn Dark Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream to be any different. when i first tasted it, i was blown away. i loved it and i still do! It was so different is tasted just like dark chocolate in ice cream form. haha. and it had a light bittier-sweet taste that i was not expecting(just like dark bitter-sweet chocolate!). none the least this is my favorite chocolate flavored ice cream and i think everyone should give it a try! :D