4.1/5
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up Reviews

Even matches salon brands (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). 10 minute root makeover. 100% gray coverage. Flawlessly matches any brand (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Guaranteed. Simply brush away your grays and roots with permanent color - just 10 minutes between colorings. Matches any brand. Guaranteed. Q: Why is Root Touch-Up right for me? A: Root Touch-Up is specially designed to target new root and gray regrowth and restore beautiful, natural-looking color in just 10 minutes between colorings. Q: Will it match my shade and brand? A: Yes. Our unique ColorMatch Root Creme Mixture contains a perfect blend of tones proven to match your shade - no matter which brand you use. It even works with salon color (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Guaranteed! Q: What makes it so easy? A: Our Precision Color Brush allows you to easily apply the creme just where you need it No mess, no fuss. Just 10 minutes and roots are gone! 100% Lasting Gray Coverage - even on resistant grays. Proven to seamlessly match any black (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color). Including: Excellence (registered trademarks of L'Oreal): 3 natural black; 1 black. Preference (registered trademarks of L'Oreal): 3 soft black; 2 natural black. Nutrisse (Registered trademark of Laboratories Garnier): 10 black; 30 cola soft black. Nice 'n Easy: 122 natural black; 124 natural blue black. Perfect 10: 3 black. Even works with salon color (Among leading retail permanent shades and pre-formulated salon color)! Matches any brand. Guaranteed. Suitable for roots that are within one shade lighter or darker than your colored hair. Made in Mexico.

March 19, 2019

Worth Trying

I have mixed feelings about this product. It is inexpensive and stretches the time between salon visits. However, I find it difficult to get a good match to my hair colour and wish there were more product per application.

1.2/5

February 26, 2019

I would not purchase this product again for blonde hair

Absolutely did nothing on my blonde hair a total waste of money had to use silver shampoo to remove the residue. Save your money go to your hair stylistfor 5 crown foils

January 28, 2019
    California, United States

Great for on the go touchups and on your eyebrows

I like the Clairol Root Touch Up Concealing Powder because I can use it on my roots and my eyebrows. It is a great way to touch up my roots in between dying my hair. It also looks great to fill in your eyebrows. I love the cute compact it comes in and that it includes a mirror! Perfect for when I'm on the go and traveling for work and don't have a lot of time to dye my roots! It washes out when you wash your hair and is easy to apply. I wouldn't say it covers my dark roots perfectly, but it does a good job to conceal them and make it less obvious.

January 14, 2019

Quick fix

I use clairol root touch up when I have no time to dye my hair and I have an important event to go to. Clairol root touch up is not a long term solution and roots are back after a couple of days. But it does the job in an emergency.

October 25, 2018

Ok

I've tried both spray on root cover up and one with a sponge, in terms of effectiveness, this sits right in the middle. It's not as good as the sponge, but is much better than the spray.

One of the things it has going for it over both is that the effects are more subtle. You have to build up the powder to get a decent coverup, but when the light hits it, the hair looks more natural than other products that do this. Another plus is that this looks pretty decent as an eyebrow powder, though the brush is pretty thick for that so I would use your own.

It is a bit weird because this looks just like an eyebrow palette (mirror and all), but they are recommending it for hair. Would I get the same results if I put eyeshadow on my hair, who knows? Regardless this does an ok job. It does cover up, if you build it up, but as always I wouldn't recommend it for those with short loose hair. Even for those with long hair I would only recommend this (and other cover-up products) for if you're wearing your hair up, with a small amount of roots showing and don't plan to have your hair touched.

This surprised me with how stiff it made my hair. Far stiffer than the sponge on stuff. I'd liken this to wearing a medium or firm hold hairspray. So definitely not something to wear if you want to be touched. While it does transfer from hair to skin (if you use it around the hair near your face), it's actually pretty good about not transferring to pillows and unlike the sponge-on I tried, it doesn't flake either.

I would recommend it as an eyebrow powder, but for a hair cover up, I prefer a different format. However, this certainly isn't the worst one I've tried by a long shot.

October 13, 2018

Effective Gray Coverage

At first glance this looks more like eye shadow, but that’s because it comes in a compact similar to that of eye shadow along with an applicator brush and mirror. I think I prefer the powder as opposed to the spray or liquid applications. I found it fairly easy to cover the gray without it looking artificial. As a bonus you can also use it to touch up your eye brows. Due to the size of the applicator, this is very easily done.

As the need for touch-ups to your hair in between dyes is probably not very often, it’s reassuring to know that this has multiple uses.

October 05, 2018

Works Great !

I have the shade “Light Brown”
    And I use this to cover greys & new roots that are growing in ..
    This is a good alternative to always colouring your roots. It allows you to go a few more weeks between colouring.
    This is also a good alternative if you highlight your hair.

September 19, 2018
    Alabama, United States

Clairol root touch up

With three children I never have time to go sit at the hair salon at all. This was perfect for my roots. It was easy to use . The smell wasn’t over powering like most hair products. This root touch up is actually worth it and looks perfect. Plus it’s not expensive

June 22, 2018

Covers grey

Somtimes I don't have time to go to the salon for my hair maintenance. So in between coloring, I use a temporary root hair color touch up. I have used many products and decided to try the new Clairol root touch up in blond. This process was so easy and the product went on so effortless. It looks like an eye shadow palette but it's for your roots and can also been used on your eyebrows as well. The brush has nice soft bristles and I just applied this product to my roots and was very pleased with the results. Nice coverage and this product does not come off until you shampoo your hair. I definitely will be purchasing this product again. Well worth the price as there is no fuss, mess or smell.

March 19, 2018

Great at extending between colourings

I could not get in for a colouring at the salon and badly needed a root touch up. The product was great for covering the greys in my dark blond hair. The scent of the product was nothing special, but fine.