Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup Reviews

Ranked #95 out of 674 in Foundation

March 11, 2017

This is a great matte foundation for those with oily skin! This foundation evens out my skin tone and doubles as concealer without looking cake-y to cover my acne. At the end of the day, I do still have a slight shine on my forehead, which I'll take over my usual oily mess with other foundations. For the price of $24, it's worth a try compared to other medium coverage, matte foundations which range from $35-$60.

March 10, 2017

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup is perfect for all kind of skin. I like it a lot. It make my skin soft and cover with long stay matte look. I was looking for the perfect makeup and it looks like I found it.

February 16, 2017

I struggled with finding the right foundation because they all seemed to have an orange tint to them. I am part Italian so I have an olive skin tone which is difficult to match. Then I finally found this Clinique! Perfect shade, with amazing, long lasting coverage! Doesn't end up faded on my oily skin at the end of the day!

February 12, 2017

Although i really like the brand clinique i had high expectations for this product and was very disappointed.
    1) it oxidizes: i have tried primers but still, this foundation darkens and turns orange as the day goes on
    2) too thick: although it is blendable, i wish it was thinner and more breathable, i often had breakouts and sometimes felt like it added oil to my face (even though its oil free??)
    I think the price point is reasonable if only it worked for me.

January 30, 2017

This product has been my go to for daily make-up routine. its light weight and a little goes a very long way. the only issue i have had is the dryness in winter, so all i do is use a rich moisturizer first then apply the foundation, works perfectly well for me. overall i'm pretty happy to use this product on a daily basis.

November 22, 2016

Not for coloured skin!

This line does not an abundance of foundation for coloured skin, it has a few colours but within those colours it has a grey/white tint which shows evidently after applying your foundation.

As for oil free - my skin was an oil factory after using this and all of their other products combined.

No for me.

October 18, 2016

I have tried few foundations and my favourite is the Clinique Stay-Matte foundation. I have a yellow undertone, so its one of the best foundation that has a matching shade for my skin. It gives the color and glow. I get good coverage and no breakouts at all. I have recommended this foundation to my friends. However, its a bit expensive.

May 26, 2016

I have been using this foundation for a few years and still love it. It is light weight and keeps my oily skin under control. I like that I don't have to use much to get really good coverage. It blends together well when I am in between seasons and need to make my own colour :)

February 17, 2016

I used this foundation for a couple years before finally deciding that it just wasn't working for me and I really need to start looking for a change. While this foundation had great coverage, it didn't help with my oily skin problem and actually oxidized throughout the day, making me look orange.

February 17, 2016

This foundation leaves your skin feeling light, unlike other foundations that feel like you are wearing a mask.
    It works great at covering most imperfections, although if you put more, it leaves your skin too matte. It shows that you are wearing foundation.
    Also, after a few weeks of using it every day, I started having breakouts every time I used it. I think it is irritating when used regularly.

JamesBD added a new review for
    The Rock pots and pans set

jennmarieh added a new review for
    Johnson's Baby Powder

kelx has started a new forum topic
    Maybelline New York Campaign

jennmarieh has posted in the forum topic
    Ance on Back

kelx has posted in the forum topic
    Knorr Selects