ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #29 out of 1245 in Lipstick

May 15, 2017

Pros: The texture of the liquid lipstick is thin and fluid, which makes it easy for application on your lips. It does dry matte within seconds of application so you need to apply it quickly! The colour is pigmented and it is extremely long-wearing and non-transferrable.

Cons: Though the lipstick is extremely long-wearing, it is very difficult to remove (need an oil base remover and at least 2 full cotton pads), drying and becomes flaky after a few hours of wear

VERDICT: Would re-purchase their Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipsticks as the matte look is currently very in trend and available at US $6 a piece, it is definitely affordable and I wouldn’t mind adding a few more of these to my lipsticks collection (;

Do check out www.journalsofj.com for a full review (including photos) of the lipsticks in shades Bumble, Lumiere 2 and Beeper

May 10, 2017

After all the hype surrounding ColourPop products I finally decided to order from them. I ordered 4 Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks and was not dissapointed. The formula for most shades dries down completely matte, but I find that some colours will still transfer and are not completely budge-proof. The formula is that of a matte liquid lip but I find them for comfortable to wear as they set to a tacky finish rather than a flaky and dry. I would recommend giving these lippies and try, and to look out for their free shipping promos.

April 16, 2017

Ok these lipsticks have so much going for them. The Price, the colour selection, the amount of product... but what they dont have going for them is THE FACT THAT THEY MAKE YOUR LIPS FEEL LIKE SANDPAPER :( i tried soooo hard to love these. Dont get me wrong- the colours look amazing and swatch amazing. So pigmented and so beautiful. But the fact that they dry out your lips completely really turns me off from wearing these matte shades. If I am going out and know I will be around a mirror and be able to touch up my lips I will suck it up and put a shade on my lips. If Im going out and have no time to worry about my lips cracking and drying I will stay far away from them.

March 21, 2017

Before using colourpop I never wore lipsticks, I can't stand drinking a cup of coffee and getting lip stains, I can't eating and looking like the joker afterwards, colourpop is cheap, has so many different colours and stays on for hours. I can't say enough good things and recommend it to everyone! The only downfall is if you have dry lips like I do it doesnt look too good, and if you apply lip balm beforehand it doesn't stay as long, I would suggest running coconut oil beforehand and it does the trick!

February 28, 2017

These liquid lipsticks do last a good while on the lips but I did need to reapply after the four hour mark. They did do pretty well after eating and drink though! The darker shade, Love Bug, did leave a stain on my lips and required baby oil in addition to my normal makeup remover wipes, the Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. If you're interested in purchasing these I highly suggest looking up swatches of the colors you like before placing your order because they dry darker than they do in the tube. Some colors are better than others but they are all very drying.

January 16, 2017

These are one of my favourite liquid lipsticks. Amazing price, lots of colour variety, good lasting power. They don't transfer, but are slightly drying. I wish they were all in the limited holiday packing because it's much more appealing.

November 28, 2016

Recently ordered a ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick for the first time when the site was on sale, and was extremely pleased with the product. They're offered in gorgeous shades which are versatile to fit almost any skin tone, and the products themselves are of great quality. I'm usually averse to buying matte lipsticks because they make my lips feel dried out and flakey, but these lipsticks don't leave my lips feeling that way. They look great, feel great, and are an excellent value for money overall. I bought three more after my first purchase, and they're now a staple in my makeup kit!

November 17, 2016

I have tried soo many liquid lipsticks and I have to say these are literally one of the best I have tried. They stay all day without drying and leaving my lips feel like all the moisture had been sucked out and the PRICE is out of this world! Who would have imagined that you could actually get an amazing lippy for $5?!

November 09, 2016

I am in love with these liquid lipsticks. They stay on the whole day and don't feel uncomfortable on the lips. However they are pretty drying sometimes so all
    You have to do is apply some Chapstick and their back to normal. Another think I love about them is that they don't get flaky or cling to the dry spots of your lips. As long as your lips are exfoliated and hydrated beforehand, these will be great.

October 07, 2016

I have this in Succulent. Great pigment and price, but extremely drying, and it really sinks into all the fine lines in my lip even after exfoliating/priming/using lip liner. Also shipping prices are ridiculous to Canada if ordered through the site. I'll recommend it to people who need staying power over moisture.