Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Reviews
#26 in Hair Care

June 18, 2019

Worth it

I know it's on the rather expensive side- but worth every penny. Works so nicely, definitely quieter than my other blow dryers (doesn't wake up my napping baby in the other room). My hair is less frizzy. Love it!
    Only downfall- the air is so strong that it can actually cause knots in my hair, have to be careful to keep it aimed downwards.

May 17, 2019

Amazing, but breaks the bank

I've only used this once at a friend's salon. It is the most amazing thing from its look to its efficiency in drying. I simply cannot wrap my head around purchasing one for the price though. If the price came down, I think it would be a knockout. If you have the spare cash for this, go to town!

December 15, 2018

Dries hair fast

I hate blow drying my hair as I find the process frustratingly slow and loud. Dyson doesn't disappoint. It dried my hair fast and it was quiet enough for me to be able to listen to background music. I initially purchased it to eliminate frizz but I don't see a difference there. Also the chord has a large battery like chunk which makes it difficult to store.

April 16, 2018

Almost perfect!

I know this blow dryer is expensive, but it is *almost* perfect. It's sleek and beautiful (I have the pink and grey one), quiet, and dries my hair pretty dang efficiently. The attachments are included (diffuser, smoothing nozzle, and styling concentrator, a smaller nozzle) and attach to the dryer via magnet. I like that I can listen to a podcast or music on almost normal volume and be able to dry my hair at the same time - I do turn it up a little, but nowhere near as loud as I'd have to to hear over a regular blow dryer. I do wish it was foldable, but other than that I think it's perfect.

March 29, 2018

Pricey but totally worth it!

It is pretty pricey but it's worth it. Shorten the amount of time needed for hair drying and it's powerful! I used to HATE blow drying my hair and would plan my life/showers around having enough time to let my hair air dry. I have thick, long hair that holds a lot of moisture and it used to take me 40 mins to rough dry my hair with my old drugstore hair dryer (including breaks). I forgot to time how long my Dyson took but I feel like it took about 10 mins to rough dry. It was so fast and painless! My hair was also very shiny and soft. With my old hair dryer, my hair would feel and look like straw. I can't even describe how much I love this thing!!!

February 12, 2018

Hair feels Healthier already!

Without a doubt, one of the best hairdryers I've used!

Pros:
    - Super quick, takes less than 5-7 minutes to blow dry my hair
    - Minimizes frizziness
    - Doesn't dry out my hair, especially the ends

Cons:
    - It's a bit heavy, would be nice if it could be more portable
    - It's not cordless, for the price you pay, you would expect something cordless
    - It's super pricey (at $400)

Overall, it's a great purchase and I would recommend to others for sure!

February 05, 2018

LOVE IT!

I received the Dyson Supersonic as a Christmas gift; I mainly wanted to try this product because of the sleek look and how quiet the dryer itself was; after using this for two months I can definitely say I'm obsessed with this product. I went to the hair dresser last week and my hairdresser asked me what I was doing differently to my hair because my hair was in such better shape than when I saw her last... the only thing I have been doing differently was using the Dyson Supersonic. My hair has overall improved, not to mention my hair dries faster and is much easier to blow out.

January 22, 2018

Amazing!!!!!

My husband bought me this hair dryer for Christmas. Can I just say holy crap!!!!
    Best dryer ever, this thing blow drys your hair so fast and it leaves it feeling really silky afterward, which lasts for a few days. It’s worth every penny, which is a lot of pennies. Lol

January 22, 2018

You'll Never Buy Another Hair Dryer

I was in the market for another hair dryer and was super excited to try this one out. The price alone scared me off. It is insanely expensive and I couldn't justify the purchase. I ended up getting a sweet deal and took the plunge and made a purchase. Best. Hair. Dryer. Ever. True to its word, it decreases drying time (I have very long hair right now), and it doesn't leave your hair feeling brittle. It's soft to the touch. I also noticed that my hair doesn't get as oily as quickly.

2.8/5

January 15, 2018

Blow your $$'s away

I just watched a review on this item on facebook and i couldn't stop laughing. A hairdresser offering you to make an appointment for a wash cut blowdry to try the hair dryer because it is so expensive! What? Why would i pay for a wash cut (average 70$) so that someone else can try the tool on me? Nice try but that just doesn't make sense. 1) that just added another 100$ (after tax and tip) to my final total to an already expensive item. 2) you need to try a hair dryer yourself. 3) she's likely using the professional version of this blow dryer (which i think she has there) it sounds stronger cause the one i got was not that strong. I could dry my hair very well but the power was not enough to straighten. 4) if you want to try it you most retailers have return policies that would allow for a few tries.
    499+taxes....no.
    Christmas time some retailers were offering a gift with purchase....about 80$ value. Maybe.
    Some retailers are allowed to apply a 20% discount when they offer it (which dyson doesn't match). Also maybe.

I liked the size. The travelability. I don't straighten my hair all the time... so I could use it. Supposedly it's better for your hair. Most hair dryers suck in your hair if it's long and burns it (yuck happens to me) you can avoid that with the dyson. It is cute and fashionable as a display item.

So i would buy it back if the price came down or if i came into some extra money or nice discount or added bonus items came with it.