EcoTools Retractable Kabuki Brush Reviews

4.1/5
Ranked #459 out of 543 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

Our innovative Retractable Kabuki, made from recycled aluminum, is perfect for on-the-go! This brush is great for applying face powder or bronzer with our soft, cruelty-free bristles. Brush housed in our zip-top reusable pouch.

July 08, 2016

This is one of the best ecotools brushes. It is retractable which makes it travel friendly and easy to use for touch ups (though it is rather big) and it is quite dense and also very soft as it is made of synthetic bristles. This brush is very versatile as i've used it for powder and liquid products. It is also great at buffing and blending, though because it is so dense, it does take a while to fully dry after cleaning.

October 05, 2014

I got this to use with loose powder and I love it, it is so soft and applies my powder so well, plus the handy compact size means I can take it with me anywhere.

September 08, 2014

A good average priced brush. I like that it's retractable- easy to keep in a makeup case or purse without getting ruined. Blends quite well. Not the softest, but I won't buy animal brushes, so it's a sacrifice I accept.

2.3/5

January 17, 2014

I wasn't impressed with this brush. It's soft and gets the job done, but it feels cheaply made. It might be good to just throw around in your bags or something for someone on the extreme go in an emergency or something, but I just feel like there are better brushes of this type out there. A little disappointed.

2.3/5

June 30, 2012

i'm a little disappointed in this brush. i only purchased it because it was $3 cheaper than the posh one i wanted, but i expected it to perform at least decently. the brush itself is nice, it's convenient too. i just don't like the packaging -- it looks nice, but it feels cheap. i got the posh one instead, and am way happier with it. disappointed for the first time in eco tools.

March 26, 2012

I keep this blush in my purse for powder touchups. Why spend more on expensive brushes when you have ecotools?

February 04, 2012

Eco Tools are the best! I have a set of there brushes!!

December 07, 2011

My EcoTools retractable cosmetic brush is made of recycled
    aluminum ferrules and super soft bristles made of synthetic taklon.
    The packaging eco-conscious including:
    reusable pouch, post-consumer recycled plastic and recyclable packaging.
    Only $7.50 average at most chain retail stores, not only is the brush AMAZINGLY soft,
    it picks up and distributes my mineral powder foundation perfectly.
    When I am done it retracts and compacts easily and without touching the bristles.
    This keeps it clean and soft.
    I am SO sold on this tool and will definitely try more products from their company.

August 27, 2011

This brush is ALWAYS in my purse it makes applying anything that's powder (setting powder, blush, bronzer...etc..) super easy on the go! It also stays clean in it's case, bacteria and germ free! It is super soft, super versatile, and affordable. It's my favorite kabuki brush in my collection!

July 06, 2010

This brush is good for travel, but it kind of disappointed me when I got it because the craftsmanship is not as good as the other brushes and the bristles are weird. Also, the cap does not slide on easily and the hairs get stuck all weird. Don't get me wrong, I love ecotools and wanted this brush forever, but I don't reach for it often, just keep it in my purse for touch-ups. I much prefer the bronzer brush from ecotools.