Prestige Item
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation Reviews

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.

Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes.

Feels lightweight and comfortable.

Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

October 21, 2019
    Fife, United Kingdom

Tricky to apply but stays in place

Double wear foundation needs a different application process to other foundations and the dotting method simply doesn't work here, the foundation starts to set very quickly so needs to be worked from the nose outwards in circular motions. This foundation definitely needs moisturiser or primer underneath to allow the foundation to move easily over the skin. I have found it tricky to get used to this application process and then tricky to get used to other foundations again afterwards! The coverage looked a bit powdery and despite getting the colour checked by a rep, I felt it looked very pale on most of my face but fine on my jawline. Perhaps this foundation doesn't take well to uneven skin tones. It stayed in place well but I given the price and end look I won't be switching from my usual foundation any time soon.

July 13, 2019
    Hampshire, United Kingdom

It’s really good but not the best

It really does last all day without wear, I have oily skin and this was perfect. The only down side is that when it dries on your face you can feel it all day. It can also be quite drying on the skin too so wouldn’t recommend for dry skin

July 02, 2019

Great long-lasting coverage!

I typically choose high-coverage and long-lasting foundations and concealers such as CoverFX and DermaBlend, but I've been trying to test out other products on the market to compare to the 'industrial strength' makeup I've been using.

This foundation does provide buildable coverage which is long-lasting, although it does require touchups during the day. There are powders to complement the liquid formulations, although the colours do not necessarily match up.

To be honest, for the price, I would rather rely on my 'go to' products, but I think this may be suitable for most people looking for a quality foundation/concealer.

March 19, 2019

Not a holy grail per se, but good!

This foundation is good! In my opinion, it isn't the holy grail that many people make it out to be, and I'm not sure if I would say that it is worth the price but there is nothing particularly wrong with it. Nice dewy finish that can easily be matted out with a bronzer and was able to last me through a full school day no problem. Also seemed to aid in healing any cuts I had on my face back when I used it.

January 22, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Good if you have flawless skin

I've tried this foundation a few times and always love it when I first start a new bottle. It glides across the face to create a flawless, smooth finish. For the first hour or two my skin always looks airbrushed because of the amazing texture of this foundation. But I find that after a few hours it begins to oxidize on my face (turns it orange!), and that is NOT fun. I feel paranoid wearing this because I'm never sure if it's going to be a 10/10 or a 2/10. If my skin is super hydrated and has no acne it looks pretty good, but the second there is any uneven texture it looks awful. This is NOT a good foundation if you have oily, uneven skin.

January 21, 2019

Love this

It’s my perfect summer shade I love Estée Lauder it’s a full coverage which is perfect for me goes on smooth I would recommend using some kind of setting power I would always buy because I love it

September 23, 2018
    Iowa, United States

Coverage is good

I tried this foundation years ago but recently tried it again. I absolutely love it. It covers any imperfections well and doesnt look or feel cakey. Sometimes I have trouble with breakouts with new cosmetics but this caused no issues. I feel the coverage still looks good after I get off work too.

March 12, 2018

Best For Acne Prone skin

Estee lauder double wear works great for people with acne! It's fragrance free and covers pretty well you can still see a little redness from your acne with using it but you can always add a little more or use a concealer on top and it blends great! I have acne and it doesn't give me breakouts

November 10, 2017

Favorite foundation

This foundation is just so good for oily skin, it stays in place all day long. Also it has a really good coverage and doesn't get cakey even if you put it generously.

September 28, 2017

Can't live without it!

I absolutely love this foundation. I like full coverage and it definitely delivers! There's a great selection of tones and shades it was easy finding one that matched me well! I usually have oily skin and double wear gives it a nice dewy finish. It can be drying, in winter I need a strong moisturizer underneath so dry skin gals may not want to go with this one, but ask a rep for a sample and give it a go!! I'm glad I did!