Febreze Car Vent Clips Freshener in Linen & Sky Reviews
#1 in Misc

*On low and under ambient conditions

March 21, 2012

I've been using this for over a week in my car. At first I put it on the vents at the front of the car in the centre of the console. I liked the smell. It wasn't overpowering, and smelled like Febreze spray. I have to admit that our car doesn't have too many smelly situations, no smoke or pets, but it isn't a new car and who doesn't like a fresh smell? After a few days, however, the scent became too much for me and my husband, so we moved it to one of the side vents. This placement has been much better. It makes the car smell fresh, but not overpowering. While I think that the clip has been useful, my husband would disagree. While I don't think we'll be buying another one, I think anyone who has pets or smokes in their car would see great benefit from using this freshener.

Editor's Note: this member received a free sample from Febreze and ChickAdvisor as part of the product review panel.

2.2/5

March 19, 2012

This was a good way to try it out, but I would never pay so much money for 2 ML!!!!!
    First of all on the low setting it doesnt give any scent... on medium its okay but on high its good. That would probably only last 15 days!
    I like the scent! its very nice and fresh. I find that as the weather is getting warmer you can smell it more!
    I do not recommend anyone spending $5 on 2 ML freshener!

Updated On: March 19, 2012

The little freshener is a really cute and nice in size! looks really slick and cool!

2.7/5

March 18, 2012

I received a free sample from Febreze and ChickAdvisor as part of their product review panel...and am very grateful for it!

Honestly, if you are not on a tight budget, you drive a lot and find it hard to find the right scent for you, or dont like something dangling in your face, then I would purchase this!

But because I AM on a budget, I would not regularly buy this. I was happy to try it free of course! But the reason I would not purchase this is because it did not last the 3 months it said! honestly Ive had it for about 1.5 weeks now and its almost gone...other than that it was amazing! the fresh scent wasnt too strong but still filled the car, its such a simple, classic and easy way to use it and looks nice in your car. But did NOT last how long it suggested or even as long as most! I was surprised...

But thank you Febreze and Chick Advisor for letting me test it out, if you do purchase this purchase many so you never run out!

2.3/5

March 17, 2012

I was so excited when I got my vent clip... It was a little tough to get on my car vent, but after a little wrestling match it was on pretty good. I adjusted the strength (a great feature) and got the motor running. After driving a block or so wih the heater on I got the scent. I love the linen and sky fragrance, but after a couple of days, it fades. I cranked up the strength, but he last few days of almost summer like weather, without the heater going it's barely noticeable. A little disappointed given I religiously use febreeze around the house. I thank chick advisor for the sample, but I wouldnt buy it myself. Little paper pine cones are just as effective. :/

March 13, 2012

I was one of the lucky ones who were chosen to sample the Febreze Car Vent Clips for Chick Advisor. I am glad I got to try it out, there were things I really liked and things I was not super excited about. The price is a catch point for me, I have seen the product on sale for $2.99 and I would totally buy it at that price point but I wouldn't get it much above that. The air freshener (I got the scent linen & sky) is very easy to use. You clip it to a vent in the car and switch the settings to the amount of scent you want it to emit. On the lowest setting under ambient temperatures Febreze suggests it should last about 30 days. In our vehicle I started with the lowest setting (not a huge fan of overpowering smells) and although it did freshen up the car I found the smell too strong, especially when the heat was on. I eventually moved it back to a vent at the back of the van and I preferred the smell better that way but the kids found it a bit too strong. Since we tested the product in the winter/early spring I would be concerned about how strong the smell would be in the summer when it gets hot out. So I did pull the product out of the car. I think I would rather put it in for a day or two to get rid of an unwanted smell then remove it.
    I did try the product on our work trucks though. Our work trucks consistently have a special 'funky' smell to them. The product worked very well. The smell has been eliminated (at least for now) and it was achieved without soaking the seats with febreze. I still won't leave the product in the trucks for an extended period of time but I would totally buy it again (on sale) for our work trucks.
    Ultimately I like the product but I wish their lowest setting was even lower, it truly is still too strong. However, like most febreze products, the vent clips work well and are easy to use.

March 10, 2012

I received the Febreze Car Vent clip as part of the review club and I was very excited upon its arrival. I always use air fresheners in my car and was very excited to try something new. I noticed before setting it up that the sample did not come filled. If this were a product I paid for I would be disappointed. The clip did not fit right on my air vent and thus it looks funny as it sticks out far. The smell is very strong even on the low setting but this can be easily controlled by changing your venting. The overall smell is wonderful however for the amount of purchasing this product versus the fresheners that hang on your mirror I would not buy it.