Garnier Olia No Ammonia Oil Powered Hair Colour Reviews

Olia’s 60% oil blend formula with natural flower oils and no ammonia gives you brilliant color and 3x shinier hair. The unique formula has a floral scent and gentle formula that visibly restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for long-lasting, radiant color, and hair that is hydrated, silky, and shiny.

Try the "Virtual Try On" tool on Garnier.ca!

3.2/5

June 09, 2017

I used to use this product quite frequently but had been using the Schwarzkopf Keratin Colour. I wanted to go a little lighter and Garner Olia had a colour I liked so I tried it again.

First, this is easily the best smelling, most mild hair colour product I have ever used. There is none of that harsh smell that many hair dyes have, in fact this actually smelled nice. I did buy 2 boxes because my hair is long and somewhat thick. It definitely took two boxes to cover my hair properly, I'd guess anyone with hair longer than shoulder length is going to want to go with two boxes of colour.

I do have some grey coming in at my roots and unfortunately, even though it says it is good for grey, it didn't seem to cover it well. I've been getting some greys since I was in my mid-20's, this product has worked in the past, I'm not sure what might have changed.

It did keep my hair in good condition and the results are shiny and smooth, there is just that little bit of grey still peeking out that I will have to deal with. If you don't have any greys to contend with and your hair is in decent condition I think you'll be happy with the results. i would be willing to give this product another go in the future though.

May 27, 2017

When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was an empty tear shaped bottle. I read the instructions and the reason you get the empty bottle is because unlike all other at home hair dyes I have used the developer and colorant were both seperate and needed to be added to the tear shaped bottle. I was unhappy when I mixed the two because it did not seem like alot of dye and for me that's saying something cause I normally only use one box of hair dye. It did end up being enough to spread throughout my medium length, fine hair. That being said it wasn't as saturated and wet as usual. I kept it in for thirty minutes as I do have a few resistant grey hairs and then rinsed it out. They tell you to keep the conditioner In for only two minutes but I kept it in for about twelve minutes. After my hair was dry I was pleased with the all over color but when I looked at the top of my head a few of the grey hairs were still there. Considering my whole purpose of dying my hair was to cover my Grey's I was extremely disappointed. Especially considering on the front of the box it is written 100% grey coverage. Garnier Olia is anomia free which in my opinion is a plus. It also doesn't have much of a scent. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in other than it did nothing to cover my Grey's is that my normally healthy, shiny hair was left slightly dry and straw like. Although I usually don't mind Garnier products this was one I was disappointed in. Although the dry, straw like hair would be easily remedied by deep conditioning and hair oils I now have to recolor my hair to eliminate the Grey's. ?

May 09, 2017

This product works wonders! I've alway never bought this because its usually pretty expensive in Canada, but it went on sale so i nabbed it. AMAZING. My hair was a light/medium blonde before. I love blonde hair, i wanted mine super super blonde, so I bought this product and tried it out the next day. After dying my hair i felt like a new person, I wasn't a medium blonde anymore i was a pure blonde! The results on the hair dye box made it look like it wouldn't go as blonde as my hair did. But i absolutely love it. Definitely buy this hair dye if you want amazing looking hair, especially blonde! :)

2.2/5

April 15, 2017

Used this to color my hair and simpy followed all the instructions but the color mixture was not the color I am aiming for and the color did not last for even a week, I am a bit frustrated because I bought 2 boxes and given it instead to my parents and they have the same feedback.

1.3/5

April 03, 2017

OK - Where to start, the box looks amazing, the stylish containers look nice, but OMG the product. I died my hair black 2 months ago... EVERY single shower it is still dripping out color. Not sure what the problem is, but has ruined towels and I will NEVER buy this product again. I have died my hair for many years, never had this issue.

March 26, 2017

I haven't been dying my hair regularly but I just tried this product out of the blue. It smelled not bad and covered all my gray hairs. Also was pretty long lasting.

March 15, 2017

I don't normally use box dye to color my hair, but when I do I reach for this. It was recommended to me by a hairdresser as a "better alternative" in between dyes. I use it on my roots when I absolutley need to and the color is great. The selection of colors could be better but I can usually mix and match or find someone close that does the job. It comes with gloves and a bottle applicator which can be hard to use unless you know what you're doing. The price is quite cheap which is normal for a box dye. The best thing about this product is that it containts NO AMMONIA! So important and the main reason I purchase and use this product.

March 15, 2017

I love this hair dye! The cute little bottle it comes in, and how the packaging looks. i will buy this again. It makes my hair soft and shiny and the colour lasts me overall a while after 2 or 3 months i have to do it again but its still Worth it

March 11, 2017

This dye is horrible!! I bought some to cover my granny hairs which it did do that, but my hair is like straw now and the amount of tangles I got which resulted in major hair breakage/fallout was depressing!! The conditioner included is crap and didnt do a thing to fight the drying effect on my hair! I had to actually cut my hair to get rid of some damage. The price was right as it was half price but even if it was free I would never use it again!!

2.3/5

March 10, 2017

I did not like Garnier Olia Hair Colour. When I used it, it made my hair feel very oily. It was easy to use and did not have a strong odour. The colour was too intense for me. I tried the red color and have auburn hair.