Prestige Item
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Reviews

October 20, 2020

It's very Expensive

This particular brand is considered a "Luxury Brand" and the amount of money you pay for a bottle of this argan oil is astronomically crazy compared to other brands. Yes, this is 100% cold pressed argan oil, and yes, it works. However; i can get a large bottle 4oz at my local health food store or on Amazon of 100% pure cold pressed Argan oil from $20 - $40 (CAD)...how much does a 4oz cost on Sephora canada??? $127 (CAD) Apparently a $147 value. You're paying for a name at this point and its highway robbery as far as im concerned. Sephora is also now carrying a brand called The Ordinary that is selling small bottles for under $10. I cant justify paying this much money for the brand.

June 19, 2017

Love It

Great universal oil that can be used from everything to skincare, hair care, nails and skin irritations.
    I like the format of the oil as it comes in a dropper. A little goes a long way and melts nicely into the skin.

January 12, 2017

I absolutely love Josie Maran products. Love anything Argan Oil. This helps soothe my dry and red irritated skin in the winter. Will be repurchasing next time I have the chance.

February 20, 2016

I really enjoy this product. It's not a heavy oil and no remaining residue when you apply it onto your face. It absorbs really quickly but importantly doesn't leave you feeling greasy. I use 3-4 drops for my entire face.
    The only downside is that this is really expensive. I will likely only repurchase this during the Sephora VIB sale or when they have a value set released.

February 02, 2016

I am an argan oil fan & have been buying pure organic Argan oil from health food stores for years. While away for a weekend I forgot my skincare products at home so had the opportunity to try this out. While it was quite a bit pricier than buying oil at the health store, I really liked this product. The first difference I noticed from my regular health store product was the wonderful scent. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be as effective as what I had purchased before because of that, but I found that it was still extremely hydrating. My skin gets quite dry, especially when I travel and the Josie Maran Argan oil had my flaky skin fixed up in no time!

January 20, 2016

Although a bit expensive this product works really well for me. I've put it on my face, hands, and body and it works really well. I thought that I'd have to put on some lotion after it absorbs and dries out because it wouldn't be enough moisture for my skin, but I didn't! The oil absorbs really well and I've even tried it on my skin when my eczema was acting up and it still works.

April 29, 2015

This is so damn expensive but I love how it leaves my skin feeling, so hydrated and plump

March 31, 2015

This stuff works, but Physician's formula just came out with two argan oil products that I like even better and they're so much cheaper!

March 25, 2015

Works great not so greasy, I will use it at night after washing my face i will put this oil on and let it sink into my skin for half an hour and then if i need to i will use my regular night cream on top.

October 22, 2014

The hype around this oil played a huge role in the resurrection of my damaged skin, after wrongly using a plethora of harsh, drying chemicals to try and cure some moderate acne. I've never actually purchased Josie's oil, seeing as how the exact same (cold pressed) product can be found at Rexall Pharma Plus or any nutrition store for under $20. Unless your skin is quite dry, I wouldn't recommend using this oil as a daytime moisturizer since it could leave quite the shine, and inhibit makeup from staying put. At nighttime rather, just a few drops of argan massaged thinly over the skin feels absolutely incredible, reduces inflammation, redness, dry patches and more. Most oils are packaged in glass, but some are specifically bottled in amber coloured glass to block out the harsh UV rays which turn some oil rancid. Be wary of this when rebottling oils into something like plastic, since most should be kept in their original packaging.