Katy Kat Matte - Sphynx - Covergirl Reviews
#171 in Lipstick

August 22, 2017

I would buy this again, no questions ask

I do love lipstick, its one of my go to choices when it comes to make up, mother always told me to keep lipstick on ya at all times just in case you meet Mr. Right! But this lipstick is probably one of the most adorable shades I've ever put on my lips, but if I did have anything negative ty say is that, its not really matte , at least it doesn't really dry as well as I would hope!

May 28, 2017

La couleur « chat cramoisie » est très belle et il s'agit d'un rouge vif que toutes les filles devraient avoir dans leur trousse à maquillage. La tenue est bien mais elle est optimale lorsque le rouge à lèvre est utilisé avec un crayon à lèvre.

March 14, 2017

I love this covergirl lipstick it comes in a bright colour , it makes my lips soft and the value is Worth every penny quality is perfect and the effectiveness lasts me a long time.

February 24, 2017

I am generally not a fan of matte lipsticks, but the new Katy Kat Matte by Covergirl is a winner. Goes on beautifully and stays on beautifully. Even after my morning coffee it still looks great. Going to pick up a couple of other shades this weekend!

January 31, 2017

I was not dissapointed with this purchase, its inexpensive and I found that it lasted most of the day, I only had to re-apply after eating or drinking. I love the colour and will definitely be purchasing another colour!

2.8/5

September 23, 2016

I really like the colour, but I find it has a smell to it, that I just can't stand. I thought maybe I was wrong, there wasn't a smell, but I had multiple friends smell it too, and they all agreed that it has a gross smell to it. I would love to keep using this lipstick, as it's a great colour & lasts a long time, but the smell would need to be fixed before I'd consider using it again.

September 20, 2016

I have to admit I bought it at first just because it was really good-looking, good branding and all, but I am surpisingly pleased with this lipstick. The color looks amazing on me and it last long enough. If I eat something, sometimes I have to put another coat after, but for me that's ok. I really recommend it!

August 14, 2016

I received this lipstick free for trial through BzzAgent. I am not usually a lipstick person because I don't like reapplying all the time ( I can't be bothered ). This one was very nice though. It is super creamy and moist and the matte colour is wonderful.

August 11, 2016

I received the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte in shade Sphynx free of charge from Bzzagent and Covergirl in exchange for my honest review. #Gotitfree

The packaging is very cute and simple, the matte finish on the packaging is interesting in comparison to the other lipsticks I own.

In regards to the formula, it is advertised as demi-matte but I find it to have more sheen-satin finish than a demi-matte finish. Although, I am going to experiment and keep wearing this lipstick to see if it will eventually dry demi-matte. The formula of the lipstick is hydrating and moisturising which is great as some lipsticks can be pretty dehydrating. The texture of this lipstick is definitely on the creamier side.

The application process was smooth and not patchy or rough; I prefer to apply chapstick prior to applying the lipstick.I also want to mention that there is a light fragrance to the lipstick, it's not too strong which is nice because it can irritate the skin for some people.

As for colour, the shade, Syphnx, is a beautiful nude with pink undertones. Some could call it a rosy shade; In my opinion, this shade is like your natural lip colour but better. This colour would look nice whether you are cool-tone or warm-tone and is suitable for everyday wear. "Lip Contouring" is actually a thing so I think this shade and some lip liners can help you achieve a beautiful plump-lip look if that is something that interests you.

The only con I could really say is the staying power, it does not last that long and would need to be applied or touched up throughout the day depending on how often you are drinking or eating. But.. that is what I find to be forgiving about the lipstick. Since it is pretty close to the natural colour of my lips, I am not too worried if I forget to reapply/touch up. Also, the price of this lipstick-- it may not be worth it for some people for the price you pay. There isn't anything too extraordinary about this lipstick other than that it is pretty and provides a smooth application

Overall, this is a beautiful lipstick and I am pretty happy with the overall result. Unfortunately, there wasn't any coupons that came with the Bzzkit but there is a coupon available (for a limited time) for $2 off any cover girl lip product!!

Pros:
    -Will suit almost anyone
    -Beautiful dusty nude pink colour
    -Easily found in most stores that sell covergirl
    -Easy to apply

Cons:
    -Staying power isn't that longlasting - "average"
    -A little bit expensive (in my opinion) (most drug stores are selling this between 8.99-9.99)

2.3/5

July 11, 2016

I bought 2 colors the purple and the black. the purple goes on kind of pinkish and the black you ahve to put on a few coats to actually get a dark black it goes kind of brown. for the price 9$ cad i would expect something a bit better works like a 5$ hard candy lipstick i bought at walmart