Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Hydrating Reviews

3.4/5
Ranked #283 out of 383 in Primer

May 16, 2017

I found this product to be just ok i wasnt wowed by this in anyway and is way over priced for what it is i was happy to sample the product but i doubt i will ever repurchase

May 12, 2017

I usually use the Laura Mercier Radiance primer which I'm obsessed with. My skin looks absolutely flawless after use. During the winter time when my skin got drier, I decided to switch over to the hydrating primer to see if I would like it.

After a few uses I noticed bumps under my skin. It wasn't a zit because it had no head. I didn't think much of it. When I continued to use the product, I got more and more of these painful bumps. I finally put two and two together and stopped using the product. The bumps immediately went away. I found it strange because I don't necessarily have sensitive skin.

I returned the product to the Laura Mercier counter and the advisor told me multiple people have had this problem, and she always gets returns for this product. I would recommend getting a sample of this product before buying the full size product. The product did make my skin feel hydrated and held my foundation well.

1.5/5

March 21, 2017

I redeemed this product with my points on Sephora, a little does go a long way with this product with That said it's definetly not my favorite primer, I use it if I don't have any other primers left, I feel like my skin is too dry to use this product as it leaves patches and I have to use a lot more foundation then with other primers

March 18, 2016

One of the employees recommended this primer, and it was the best thing i have ever purchased. its very moisturizing and didnt leave my face sticky or dry at all like other primers ive tried before.

January 05, 2015

Having dry skin, I liked how this primer is lightweight, hydrating, and lasts long. Although I find it to be on the pricey side ($40) I have used it all season long and found it very effective. Make sure to let it settle for at least a few minutes before applying foundation for better results. Highly recommended.

November 05, 2014

I was looking for a really good primer that is hydrating to my dry/sensitive skin. I have heard that the Laura Mercier line is pretty good. The price is pretty good at $40 at Sephora. After cleansing/toning plus serum then moisturizer, I apply two drops of the primer onto my face. It feels good. A little does go along way. It absorbs quite instantly onto my face. It is lightweight and a water based gel. Ready for action!